Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Skyline Drive ride Sun 6/2
CREATED: 05/27/13 by allisonh REPLIES: 6
allisonh's ravatar allisonh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
Skyline Drive ride Sun 6/2
POSTED: 5/27/13 9:55 AM

A few of us are riding Skyline Dr in Shenandoah NP on Sunday, June 2 and going about 50-60 miles total (it's an out and back route). We'll be meeting at Spelunker's in Front Royal and clipping in at 8:30. Come out and join, it's a beautiful ride!
Allison

murdaneta's ravatar murdaneta    JOINED: 7/26/12    POSTS: 11
RE: Skyline Drive ride Sun 6/2
POSTED: 5/27/13 10:34 AM

It sounds good. Now, I was thinking about an OWS. Does anybody know of a place to swim near Front Royal?

wjaglom's ravatar wjaglom    JOINED: 3/22/13    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 5/29/13 9:18 AM

Very tempted, but a little nervous about an 8:30a clip-in in Front Royal (esp given my Saturday plans). So still on the fence!

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 123
POSTED: 5/29/13 12:39 PM

Allison- random question... can you report back on the cicada invasion when you go?? I'm hearing that most parts of VA, especially over by shenandoah are covered in cicadas!

I'm staying away from skyline rides if cicadas are there! :)

Elaine

TahraJ's ravatar TahraJ    JOINED: 2/28/10    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 5/29/13 1:26 PM

Hi Elaine- I road skyline on Saturday and did not notice the cicadas. There were some bugs but nothing out of the ordinary.

-Tahra

ljgilmour's ravatar ljgilmour    JOINED: 5/31/12    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 5/30/13 10:42 AM

I'm up for it Allison! Hopefully to carpool with Steph.

allisonh's ravatar allisonh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 6/01/13 12:14 PM

Looks like we'll have a good group for the ride! If you have a Shenandoah pass, please bring it with you. It will get us a few free entries into the park.

Plan is still the same, meet at Spelunkers (try to park in the back of the lot or on the side road) http://www.spelunkerscustard.com/. Let's aim to clip in at 8:30 so we can try to beat the heat.

Elevation summary is here: http://bikewashington.org/routes/skyline/index.htm

And Elaine, we'll get get back to you on the cicadas, with luck there will be none yet!

Allison

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria