Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

transition information
CREATED: 06/03/10 by KBRESLIN REPLIES: 4
KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
transition information
POSTED: 6/03/10 11:13 PM

unfortunately I now can't make the transition clinic on sunday and have no idea what to expect for the transitions. is there a site with this type of info? thanks!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
RE: transition information
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:12 AM

Beginner Triathlete has a lot of articles on transition, and everything else. Here is a video with a couple people setting uptheir transition areas:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=841

Good luck.

Tania.

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:13 AM

have you tried going to

www.google.com

and entering "triathlon transitions"

into the search box?

there should be plenty of info available, as well as videos on youtube. here is the website for youtube:

www.youtube.com

there is plenty of information out there for you to read up on, and then you can practice on your own. good luck at your race!

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:17 AM

One easy way to prep is to practice yourself. Take your wetsuit, bike, running shoes, transition blanket, et al to a local park. Then do repeats--of quickly taking off wetsuit and putting on bike shoes, helmet, shades, etc. and clipping in; and clipping out and taking off bike shoes, helmet and putting on running shoes, hat, etc. You'll amuse the locals.

There's a ton of on-line lists of all the items needed for a tri, which you can use to organize your blanket efficiently. You might go for a brief run or ride beforehand, to put yourself in that uncomfortable "breathless" condition you'll be in when you reach the blanket.

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 6/04/10 2:20 PM

Thank you everyone! I was in panic mode when I posted this but subsequently went on youtube and spent an hour educating myself on transitions and ows. :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria