Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Curl Burke Freestyle Class Feedback?
CREATED: 06/03/10 by novasupra REPLIES: 3
novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
Curl Burke Freestyle Class Feedback?
POSTED: 6/03/10 11:53 PM

Wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the Curl Burke Freestyle sessions? I noticed they have a session coming up and if anyone had any success with the classes. I'm a fairly comfortable swimmer, I'd just like some pointers to improve my mechanics and efficiency to make the swims a little easier.

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
RE: Curl Burke Freestyle Class Feedback?
POSTED: 6/04/10 10:06 AM

My experience was that they were ok. Pretty much run like a masters class. You learn some pointers, but really it ends up being a structured workout with occasional feedback. They break you up into beginner and intermediate. I did intermediate, but I didn't make any big break throughs with my swimming until I did more individualized-hands on lessons elsewhere.

craia's ravatar craia    JOINED: 3/15/09    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 6/04/10 11:12 AM

I did the beginner sessions last year and found them extremely helpful. I'd only been swimming for 5 years at that point. They focused entirely on drills, so not at all like the intermediate experience described by Sean (we did very little actual swimming). The sessions definitely were not "work-outs", but rather opportunities to make improvements to your body alignment and form.

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 6/04/10 6:57 PM

Great, thanks for the feedback. Sean, who did you find for your individualized lessons? Anyone you would recommend?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria