DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Swim Clinic/Lessons
CREATED: 02/24/10 by gjunio REPLIES: 8
gjunio's ravatar gjunio    JOINED: 3/9/09    POSTS: 14
Swim Clinic/Lessons
POSTED: 2/24/10 10:45 PM

Hi,

Would appreciate any suggestions/recommendations on a swim clinic or private swim lessons. I'd like to focus on stroke technique. I live in Arlingotn and work in Fairfax.

Thanks!
Gina

JOSHROSENSTEIN's ravatar JOSHROSENSTEIN    JOINED: 3/12/10    POSTS: 7
RE: Swim Clinic/Lessons
POSTED: 3/12/10 4:06 PM

Hey Gina, I'm actually looking for the same thing--new club member here and really could use some help on the swim portion. Any thoughts from those out there?

POSTED: 3/12/10 4:14 PM

Hi Josh,

My friend is actually providing swim lessons and taking payments in the form of a donation to her Team in Training fundraising efforts. I can email you the information, just email me at ginalyn.junio@gmail.com.

I'll be swimming at Washington & Lee and George Mason Univ. until I set something up with her.

Gina

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 4/29/10 2:29 PM

Hi there! are you still taking lessons? I'm in desperate need. Please share any instructor info. Thanks!

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 365
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:39 PM

If you don't mind going out to American this is a great program. It's run by Denis and Tammy- they did the swim clinics on Sundays at American and the Curl Burke Masters program. I think they're starting up with open water clinics on sundays but if you email them they can give you more info about practicing during the week at American or maybe another pool.

http://www.feelthewater.com/home

info@feelthewater.com

Pam

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 4/29/10 4:48 PM

I live two blocks from AU but I'm out of town 75% of the weekends they're doing the clinic and since it's in the am instead of PM I cant get back in time. I did one clinic session when it was still Sunday pm. Thanks for the info!

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 365
POSTED: 4/29/10 5:05 PM

Even if you can't make it to many of the Sunday sessions it's still worth it because you have access to the masters practices (about 6 practices a week). The people who go to the masters practices and are in the clinic are in a separate lane and get their own workouts and a lot of helpful instruction. I started with the last clinic session and have been trying to go about 3 times a week, I feel like I get a private lesson everytime I go and it's made a huge difference :)

Oh, and I think they're going to try to schedule future clinics in the evenings because it's hard for a lot of people to make it to the sunday morning practices.

POSTED: 5/03/10 3:29 PM

Hey everyone!!

Sorry it's taken me awhile to respond. My friend Kristen who is doing swim lessons can be contacted directly at: kristen.avioli@gmail.com.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Gina

kimpy421    JOINED: 3/18/10    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 5/10/10 12:34 PM

Thanks Gina!

I am happy to offer swim lessons either on a private or semi-private basis. I live in DC so DC pools are easiest for me to get to, but am happy to venture to VA or MD when I can.

I have completed a few triathlons, and was a division 1 collegiate swimmer and record holder.

Contact me for more info!

Kristen
kristen.avioli@gmail.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria