Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

51 cm Cervelo P2 Carbon bike - zipp wheels
CREATED: 06/04/10 by slowtwitch8 REPLIES: 8
slowtwitch8    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 5
51 cm Cervelo P2 Carbon bike - zipp wheels
POSTED: 6/04/10 2:40 PM

This Cervelo P2 carbon bike has been built from the ground up. It comes with all new Ultegra components and no stock parts from FSA or Cervelo. If you're looking for an upgrade, this may be the bike for you. It is race ready and just needs to find the right triathlete.

Cervelo P2 carbon frame (blue/grey)
Ultegra 6750 compact crankset
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Brakes
XLab Carbon wing & XLab Gorilla Carbon Water Bottle Cages
Zipp wheel set
Michelin Pro Race 3 Tires
Fizik Arione Tri 2 Saddle

Asking $4,999
Serious inquires please. Photos upon request.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: 51 cm Cervelo P2 Carbon bike - zipp wheels
POSTED: 6/04/10 3:17 PM

Why are you selling this bike?

Would you sell the Zipps separately? If so, model, year, and mileage?

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 236
POSTED: 6/04/10 3:54 PM

Is this bike brand new? Having a hard time justifying your asking price based on the fact that the bike sells for about $2800 new without zipps. Given the wheels were probably in the range of $2200, but that still only gets to $5k for a new bike...

POSTED: 6/04/10 8:23 PM

#1 I am selling this bike because I am no longer doing triathlons. Actually, I pretty much ride my road bike for training. This bike has been in a race but has never been in a crash. Unfortunately, I am not selling the Zipps separately. The Zipps are 2010 and I have a receipt to prove it.

#2 Please read the specs/components carefully. This is not a stock bike, thus does not have the stock components (FSA Gossamer, cervelo brakes, etc.) from Cervelo. Even the aero bars have been upgrade. This bike is not for everybody. Again, this bike is race ready, so anyone who doesn't want to spend the time configuring a stock model may want to take a look at this bike. I priced my bike out and it was closer to $6K.

POSTED: 6/05/10 12:48 PM

Read my e-mail carefully:

[m]odel, year, and mileage [of the Zipps]?

You only answered that the wheels were purchased in 2010. New or used? Again, what is the model? If you don't know, it is stamped on the side '404', '808', etc. If it's a solid black wheel, it is referred to as a 'disk' wheel.

You bought this bike for a single race. What type of mileage do you put on your road bike? What is the mileage of the tri bike?

The condition of the bike and wheels makes a huge difference in the resale value. The components can be solid gold and platinum, but if the bike wasn't taken care of properly, it's not worth $5k or $6k or whatever you are estimating it at today.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 6/05/10 1:55 PM

lisa,

you should read your original posting carefully.

he did answer your questions in the order in which they were given.

1: why is he selling? he answered that.

2: if he is willing to sell zipps separately?, he answered no. under question #1 answer

therefore your 3rd question regarding the type of wheels/mileage did not have to be answered as it was dependent on the second question being answered yes because you said "IF SO... etc."

look the guy is trying to sell the bike if you don't agree with his price don't buy it. there is no need to bash the guy for asking his price either someone buys it or they don't its up to the buyer to decide if the price is worth it or not.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/05/10 5:04 PM

Justin,

Think Lisa is actually trying to help him with his selling points, than badgering him. Those are the things experienced people would want to know when they are considering purchasing a bike. Specially a high end bike as such. The posting is rather vague, and can use some elaberation. That way he can get serious inquiries, which he wants. Throw me an email at work, need to ask something not realted to this, but to racing rules I am at work all weekend this weekend.

mark.zaragoza@med.navy.mil

I would also suggest you put it on Craigs List and have some pictures. You can then post the link here and that would provide a picture.

POSTED: 6/05/10 6:52 PM

If you're spending $5k on a bike, you'd want to know the model of the Zipps, and the condition of all parts and the bike including mileage.

POSTED: 6/05/10 10:24 PM

Yes, I am aware of the Zipp model nomenclature.

This is a NEW 2010 Zipp Setup 404 R / 303 F (ideal for windy conditions such as Kona) --- these were bought new. Literally rode on them once for a test ride. Actually, both wheels are at the same price point.

Mileage on the bike has less than 200 miles. As I mentioned before, I use a road bike to train. Trust me the bike is not going to snap or crack.

I'd say if you are really interested in the bike, it's probably best to see it in person. You can check out some pictures from my ad (link posted below) and contact me that way.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/1777479251.html

Just a note. If someone wants to buy the bike they will, if they don't then they will buy elsewhere. Just want to sell my bike and re-coup some of my money I spent on it. Also, the $4999 is not set in stone. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria