Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

Eagleman Half IM Roll Call
CREATED: 06/04/10 by bcfrank REPLIES: 105
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 977
Eagleman Half IM Roll Call
POSTED: 6/04/10 4:21 PM

Only a week to go and I know we'll have a huge club presence out there on the course (both racing and volunteering). Since I'll be out there racing (hopefully not in the uber heat of the day), a big thank you in advance to our volunteers.

So who else is in for some wind and heat? :)

Bryan

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
RE: Eagleman Half IM Roll Call
POSTED: 6/04/10 4:24 PM

I am doing the swim as a relay with 2 novice friends of mine. This will be my due diligence for my first full 1/2 Ironman in Providence this July. I hope to mosey on over to the finish line after the swim to help out, but I also have to do a 12 mi run that day for training so I have not "officially" volunteered.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 6/04/10 4:46 PM

I'll be there racing. Looks like I'll have to run in the midday sun. Hopefully we'll have some moderate cloud cover to take the edge off of the heat. A few sprinkles on the run would be nice too.

But that's out of my control. I'll give it my best shot. Won't be winning any AG awards but I plan to enjoy the experience.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 6/04/10 5:41 PM

I'll be there. I'm undertrained so this is for fun and training, not for time. See how good I am at the excuses! That, tapering and recovery are my strong suits.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 6/04/10 6:29 PM

In, looking to see how I can do running a 1/2 marathon 12:00 pm and 90
Wave 8 Male 30-34 at 7:52Am

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:00 PM

I'm in. What's with the butt number on the bike? Seems like a pain to wear a bib number on the bike leg when your number is already on your bike and helmet. I was going to attach my number to my run belt that has drink bottles on it and put it on prior to the run. Now I'll have to switch.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 6/04/10 9:27 PM

i'm there. having trouble staying in aero for long stretches, so i'm expecting it to be tough - i hear it's windy.
anyone else camping?

clcohen's ravatar clcohen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 6/05/10 3:16 PM

I'll be there. I'm camping too. Grey nissan pickup with the DC tri sticker. Come over and say hi. I'll be stocking Perpetuem, Gatorade, gels, tubes, and cookies.

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 6/05/10 3:29 PM

I'm in. First half. As always hoping to improve the time on my best leg...T2

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 528
POSTED: 6/05/10 7:28 PM

LOL, my T2 time at last year's Nation's Tri was terrible. I hope I can at least PR for T2 at Eagleman. Well, since this will be my first HIM, I'll PR for the entire race, as long as I finish.

By the way, I just noticed that the swim course for Eagleman has changed. I downloaded the PDF map of the swim course a few months ago and studied that. I downloaded a new PDF map from the website today and it shows a different course. Instead of a rectangular loop around the Great Marsh Park, the entire swim will be on the SE side of the park. There are now just two turns (instead of three). The start will be off or near the boat ramp.

Go to the official website and download the new swim map there for all the details.

POSTED: 6/05/10 7:44 PM

The swim course is now back to the original swim course. Last year was the exception because they were doing work on the boat ramp.

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 6/06/10 12:10 AM

Tentative in for aquavelo. Should be fun!

legalmoose's ravatar legalmoose    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 6/06/10 6:41 AM

I'm in. Looking forward to beating my Diamondman time (when I was woefully unprepared for the distance, as opposed to just being regularly unprepared now).

Will

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1320
POSTED: 6/06/10 11:52 AM

Why the hell did they move the buoys that much further away from shore? Don't they know how difficult it is to aqua walk in deep waters? If they move those buoys any further out into the Chesapeake Bay, we'd be in Saigon proper. If you see a Vietnamese floating on his back out there ... just let him be.

I'm in but I'd be more in if they move those buoys closer to shore.

Tuan

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 6/06/10 1:00 PM

I'm starting in Wave #10 at 8:08 AM. It should be nice and hot by the time I start the run!

I think the swim course is a little "easier" in this layout. About 2/3 of the swim should be with the current. It is just could be a little rough heading out to the first turn buoy!

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 6/06/10 5:49 PM

World cup! Trapped in Cambridge for highly emotional USA / England match. Anyone else planning on watching it there?

dixonm's ravatar dixonm    JOINED: 7/1/09    POSTS: 73
POSTED: 6/06/10 6:48 PM

In for Eagleman! Looking forward to the race and seeing other DC Tri folks in attendance. I'm on the "forced taper" plan since I'm travelling to London for the week, starting tomorrow.

It's early to project the weather, but looks now like it's going to be hot. Are folks rethinking their wetsuit plans? I am thinking of going sans-wetsuit given the temperature and the fact that under normal circumstances, I transition like an idiot. If I don't have to fumble with my wetsuit, I'll be much better off.

Matt

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
POSTED: 6/06/10 8:27 PM

Check real-time water temperature at http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=camm2.
It was around 78-79 today.

POSTED: 6/06/10 8:33 PM

I'm bringing my wetsuit, but from the looks of it, yeah, I won't be using it for the swim.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1320
POSTED: 6/06/10 9:06 PM

Two years ago the air temp was one of the hottest on record for Eagleman (air temp 100+ degrees,heat index near 110, humidity, bright sun, etc). We were in a drought and in the middle of a heat wave. The water temp somehow remained under 78 on race day. Last year the air temp was somewhere around 90 and the water temp remained under 78. I doubt that anyone can ever recall a time when Eagleman was not wetsuit legal.

I know I know ... there may not be a great correlation between air and water temp but the point is that this race always seem to be wetsuit legal no matter what any official reading from any other sources other than from the people who measure the water temp at Eagleman.

For some of us the only number that counts is 83 degrees ;)

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria