Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

Eagleman Half IM Roll Call
CREATED: 06/04/10 by bcfrank REPLIES: 105
dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: Eagleman Half IM Roll Call
POSTED: 6/15/10 6:20 PM

Congrats Carol :)

http://www.tricolumbia.org/Eagleman/
The 2010 EagleMan Ironman 70.3 Bus Raffle Winner is Carol Cohen of Arlington, VA - Bib # 1101. Carol has won a guaranteed entry to the 2011 EagleMan IronMan. Congratulations, Carol!

It looks like you are coming back to the event next year ;)

Tuan

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
POSTED: 6/15/10 6:22 PM

There were also 164 finishers in the aquavelo division and 24 relay team finishers. The teams had either 2 or 3 each. (Some people did two legs.)

There were probably many in the DNS category. It was the same at last year's Nation's Tri. Could be scheduling issues or injuries and maybe a few who were scared off by the weather conditions and decided not to show up.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 946
POSTED: 6/15/10 6:30 PM

There is the typical 10-15% "did not make it to the start line" (due to injuries or scheduling mishaps), but I haven't seen such a huge DNF rate (closing in on 40%) before. It was crazy.

My race report isn't much: lessons learned. Experience gained. Swim was long (and I'm one of those "good" swimmers). Decent bike. Worst run ever. I finished. That's all that matters to me for that race.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 6/15/10 10:52 PM

I agree with everyone’s race report! Everyone is a Champ for standing at the start line of this race, that’s one of the most challenging parts (especially when they said that no wetsuits were allowed then it got really HOT and HUMID!). Like President Kennedy said when he had the goal of sending a man to the Moon. He said “We choose to do this not because it is easy but because it is hard”

Congrats everyone! This fun journey will continue with so many races to come!
Cheers!
A&M

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 6/16/10 10:03 AM

hey rah! Thanks for the shout out. good seeing you, too. you proved that slow and steady be better.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 6/21/10 11:44 AM

BTW, clubber John "Out of the Water First" Erb finished second in the AquaBike. Overall.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria