Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

WaveOne OWS Thursday Nights - National Harbor
CREATED: 05/02/13 by jherbaugh REPLIES: 8
jherbaugh    JOINED: 12/10/11    POSTS: 4
WaveOne OWS Thursday Nights - National Harbor
POSTED: 5/02/13 3:18 PM

Anyone planning on going to these? If so, is anyone able to offer a ride coming from the Hill/downtown as I don't have access to a car on Thursday? It looks like they start May 9.

Thanks,

Jason

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 202
RE: WaveOne OWS Thursday Nights - National Harbor
POSTED: 5/02/13 4:53 PM

I was wondering when these were gonna start. These are really great swims -- absolutely not intimidating at all. Just a bunch of swimmers at all levels. Dennis is a great guy and always makes room for the Special Olympic kids at no charge.

Having said that, hopefully you can find a carpool, or there is a direct bus from the Branch Avenue Metro station. I've also heard of people running/biking from the King Street metro, about five miles away.

alidavis    JOINED: 11/12/12    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 5/06/13 4:10 PM

Question - I was looking at the website last night and couldn't find an answer. It seems like you have to register for all of them? Or is there a way to buy entry one at a time?

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1313
POSTED: 5/06/13 4:39 PM

Ali,

Not sure what you are looking at, but WaveOne allows for a one time/per event option. The season pass comes out cheaper but they've always allow one-timers. They even have event day/on site sign up.

Below was what I got from their website. Contact Denis if you have questions.

--Tuan

https://www.clubassistant.com/club/clinics/reserve.cfm?c=1699&cid=57473

Cost:
You will be required to select one of the following:
HHOWS May 9 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS May 16 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS May 23 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS May 30 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS June 6 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS June 13 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS June 20 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS July 4 NO SWIM $999.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
HHOWS June 27 $25.00 - Thursday weekly open water swims followed by happy hour..
Happy Hour Open Water Swim - Season Pass $249.00 - Access to all open water swims each Thursday followed by happy hour..

katmcd's ravatar katmcd    JOINED: 11/24/12    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 5/06/13 8:09 PM

I registered today and will be driving. While I live in Alexandria, I would be willing to find a middle meeting location if someone needs a lift.

-Kathleen

alidavis    JOINED: 11/12/12    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 5/07/13 5:46 PM

Thanks Tuan! Not sure what I was looking at either. =) I'll be going, but definitely not until it starts to warm up.

Joe22301    JOINED: 1/15/13    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 5/08/13 10:30 AM

I posted this on the NTP page already, but I'm happy to offer it to anyone else. I live by the King St. Metro and I'm looking for carpool riders to National Harbor. I'm going anyways, so there's no need to share parking expenses. I can pick folks up at King St. 30 minutes before the scheduled time for the OWS and drop them back off afterwards.

If you're interested in a ride, just email me at joeliu[at]comcast[dot]net

Joe

jherbaugh    JOINED: 12/10/11    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 5/08/13 10:45 AM

Cool. I'll send you a note. I'm out for this week due to Kinetic on Saturday but will be attending and need a ride on the 16 & 23 leading up to Raleigh.

Thanks,

Jason

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 5/08/13 10:51 AM

Planning to cycle over from Alexandria across the Wilson Bridge for some of these.

There are showers at the Harbor for afterwards, and the group usually heads to a pub there. Instructors include a woman who trained Olympian Katie Ladecky.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria