Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Luray Oly in 2014?
CREATED: 10/03/13 by kkaufer REPLIES: 8
kkaufer's ravatar kkaufer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
Luray Oly in 2014?
POSTED: 10/03/13 7:22 PM

I noticed that Luray is no longer part of VTS. Has it been cancelled entirely? Does anyone know why?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: Luray Oly in 2014?
POSTED: 10/03/13 7:46 PM

Nope. it's still happening. Registration opened Oct 1st for next year's race. I don't know why it's no longer part of VTS though.

-Next year's Oly race

davidglover's ravatar davidglover    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 10/18/13 10:22 AM

Yes, Luray Triathlon will definitely be back in 2014! Race dates are 8/16 for the International and 8/17 for the Sprint. Website is http://luraytriathlon.com

We decided to split off from VTS and Set Up Events for a number of different business reasons, but we remain committed to continuing to make this a premier event in the Mid-Atlantic Region and improving the athlete each year.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions - david@luraytriathlon.com.

Happy training!

David Glover
Luray Triathlon Race Director

rumpuscat's ravatar rumpuscat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 11/22/13 10:59 AM

Luray is one of my favorite races and I'm planning on doing it in 2014! Is there going to be a Luray Double this year?

davidglover's ravatar davidglover    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 11/22/13 12:52 PM

Hi Rumpuscat,

Yes, we'll absolutely be doing the double again this year. Plus, we're looking to add some additional events on race weekend. Details coming soon.

Be sure to sign up by 12/31 to take advantage of early bird pricing.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions about the race, too - david@luraytriathlon.com.

Happy training!

David Glover
Luray Triathlon Race Director
http://luraytriathlon.com

jxjia's ravatar jxjia    JOINED: 8/13/12    POSTS: 112
POSTED: 11/22/13 4:23 PM

I'm in. Bring Dave Scott back!

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
RE: Luray Oly in 2014
POSTED: 6/27/14 3:00 PM

Hey All,
Wanted to put up a plug for Luray. It's a fantastic race that should not be missed!
Club members get a $20 discont with the code in the members only area.
The code expires June 30 and there's a price bump up on July 1st so now's the time!
Lake arrowhead is a fantastic lake to swim in AND you can camp at the lake/transition area which is hard to beat.
Come out and join me at this really well organized and fun race!! (Oly/Sat, Sprint/Sun)
Info and Registration link: http://luraytriathlon.com
- Adam

mtighe's ravatar mtighe    JOINED: 5/30/12    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 6/28/14 10:27 AM

Hey Adam + club -- I'd love to do the Luray sprint again this year, but at this point I'm needing a ride and some camping buddies/housing as I haven't been able to recruit any TRI friends to also register for the race. Anybody headed there Saturday or Sunday that has a spot?

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
POSTED: 8/19/14 12:01 PM

Just wanted to shoot a short note that Luray this year, was AWESOME! It usually is thanks to Race Directors David Glover and Krista Schultz and the hoards or volunteers!
The weather was fantastic with crisp cool air in the AM, spectating Sat and racing Sunday was great, seeing many DC Tri Club folks out there (many of which I haven't seen in a while) was a treat, and camping was easy and fun!
Thanks again to all and good seeing many of you out there!
Cheers,
- Adam

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria