Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

NTP training rides
CREATED: 03/14/09 by johnmbord REPLIES: 61
palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
RE: NTP training rides
POSTED: 3/19/09 3:01 PM

I realized I have a conflict Saturday afternoon and won't be able to make it.

I've arranged to go with some NoVa folks at 9:30am at Roosevelt Island if that time is more convenient for some. We'll bike towards alexandria and hopefully miss marathon madness.

Next time!

Rachel

johnmbord    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 3/19/09 10:37 PM

NTPers.
How does this sound? We can meet in the left side parking lot of the golf course against the back fence at 2pm. I'll make a cardboard sign and be in a maroon Honda CRV. If its nice weather, it can get a little crowded.

See you then.

John

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/20/09 9:22 AM

Sounds good to me! I'll be there.

Catherine
pablohoney@gmail.com

seleav's ravatar seleav    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 3/20/09 9:25 AM

Sounds good! Thanks for organizing our meet up John.

ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 3/20/09 6:05 PM

Just to verify we are looking at Haines Pt at 2:00 pm.
Maybe even a little run first.

POSTED: 3/20/09 9:07 PM

Yep, Hains Point at 2

POSTED: 3/21/09 10:17 PM

Thanks for the ride it was fun.

POSTED: 3/24/09 12:46 PM

Any interest in doing this ride again this Saturday? We're set for a 60 minute ride, according to the NTP training calendar.

seleav's ravatar seleav    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 3/25/09 3:27 PM

I'm going to be in costa rica this weekend (woohoo!), but i'd definitely be interested in continuing the Saturday rides in general. Happy pedaling.

POSTED: 3/25/09 3:28 PM

Actually, I forgot I'm going camping this weekend as well, but really enjoyed the Saturday ride and would love to do it again in the coming weeks. Thanks!

Catherine

POSTED: 3/27/09 10:28 PM

I won't be there Sat. either, but let's plan on next week.

tmdb57    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/30/09 1:01 PM

Is this going on this weekend? i'd love to join. I signed up for the swim clinic on Sunday at 10:30 am, otherwise I am open!
Thanks...

jennycrawford's ravatar jennycrawford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 4/07/09 10:45 PM

Is there a ride scheduled for this weekend?

kfield    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 4/09/09 3:12 PM

Does anyone know if the ride is canceled for this Saturday due to rain, if there will be another scheduled to take its place? Is anyone riding next week? I've been traveling for work the last three weeks, only just got back. Trying to get into a routine. I live in the Columbia Heights area.

Kristina

POSTED: 4/09/09 3:16 PM

I just saw the weather too. I may ride later on Sunday. If you are looking to help with the routine. There are fun runs at Pacers in Old Towne. One tonight 6:45 at the store on King street. From a couple of miles to 5.4...and its fun.

gtreynolds    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 4/09/09 3:32 PM

There is supposed to be an NTP bike clinic Saturday morning...any word on whether that's going to be rescheduled in light of the weather? Also, could anyone explain to me the references in this month's Training Plan for Bike Workouts to "on" and "off"... as in "5 minutes on/4 minutes off"?

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 4/09/09 4:03 PM

Be sure to check the thread called "Bike Handling Clinic 4/11" for updated information about this Saturday's ride. We will make a decision Saturday morning about the weather and post it there by 8am (fingers crossed!).

If the weather doesn't cooperate this week, there will be plenty of other opportunities for group rides, like the Columbia Brick-Nic on 4/18. Watch out for your weekly email and check out the forum for details on that event -- you won't want to miss it :o)

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 4/09/09 5:08 PM

Just an FYI for those who are interested, I just volunteered to be the ride leader for the Sprint group. Regardless of weather, I plan on riding on both Saturday and Sunday. If the ride is canceled on Saturday and you still want to ride on Sunday, just show up at Pierce Mill on Sunday at 9:00 AM. If the ride is NOT canceled but you can't make it on Saturday, show up Sunday and we'll ride together. I'll lead whomever shows up on Sunday for an hour long (no one left behind) ride. If you have a good bike base and would like to do more, we'll do more after we drop off folks who only want to stick to the 45-60 min ride on their training schedule.

I won't show up at Pierce Mill if the ride is canceled on Saturday. I'll just ride on my own and do my own thing.

Tuan

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 4/09/09 5:29 PM

very cool, thanks. I'm looking forward to finally dusting my bike off after a long winter!

POSTED: 4/10/09 6:58 AM

I was thinking around 130 on Sunday. If anyone is interested let me know and we can pick a good trail.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria