Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Thank you - Nation's Volunteers
CREATED: 09/12/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 19
ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1053
Thank you - Nation's Volunteers
POSTED: 9/12/10 3:31 PM

A huge thank you goes out to all of the volunteers who braved the weather this morning. Not easy getting out of bed when you see and hear the downpour we had this morning. THANKS!!!

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
RE: Thank you - Nation's Volunteers
POSTED: 9/12/10 4:04 PM

Yes, big thanks! I was wondering how the volunteers were faring in the initial cold and rain while Anna and I were drinking starbucks and enjoying the warmth before our 930ish start! ..and you all were out there until late in the day! Thanks! And big thanks to Carrie for being the leader, coordinating all the volunteers!

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 9/12/10 4:04 PM

Yes, big thanks! I was wondering how the volunteers were faring in the initial cold and rain while Anna and I were drinking starbucks and enjoying the warmth before our 930ish start! ..and you all were out there until late in the day! Thanks! And big thanks to Carrie for being the leader, coordinating all the volunteers!

gabroe's ravatar gabroe    JOINED: 8/27/10    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 9/12/10 4:08 PM

Thanks a lot, I was driving back home and there were still lots of volunteers on the roads and on the tents, I bet they were as tired as me. Awesome job you are very important part of triathlon's beauty.

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 9/12/10 4:23 PM

YES! a big thank you to all volunteers! The high five from Matt Ferguson at mile 1.5 was a huge boost :) So greatful to those of you who braved the elements, today! THANKS

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 9/12/10 5:28 PM

The volunteers really did a great job for as many people as were out there today. Apparently they set the Guiness record for biggest olympic tri? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing:). Any issues I saw were minor and basically had to do with spectators getting a little close, not with any of the volunteers or race staff. Great job.

On another note...when I was waiting to get in the water, I heard DCTri had the first man and woman out of the water? Who was that? Awesome.

JGunder's ravatar JGunder    JOINED: 8/31/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 9/12/10 6:20 PM

Adding my thanks as well - race was well run, which is a huge testament to the work of the volunteers. Thank you for braving the weather and keeping us safe, hydrated, body marked, etc!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 9/12/10 7:03 PM

I really enjoyed this race a lot. (Well, except for the rain, but that isn't anyone's fault.) The volunteers played a huge part in making the race a success. Thanks for helping us out and also for providing motivation and even humor out on the course.

(I mention humor because two of the volunteers on the Hains Point loop were cranking up "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" on a portable stereo and dancing around on the side of the road while cheering on the runners. I cracked up at that.)

japhillips87    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 9/12/10 10:07 PM

Thanks to all the volunteers! The race was a huge success thanks to all of your help!!

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 225
POSTED: 9/13/10 9:31 AM

I'm going to chime in and say thank you as well. This race gets better and better every year and it has a lot to do with the heart and soul of everyone who volunteers their time and energy to make it that way.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 9/13/10 9:56 AM

agreed - I must say, if I were visiting from out of town for this race I would be very impressed with the organization and attitude of the volunteers. Sunday's race was no small feat given the number of participants, weather, etc. and, as a participant, it all seemed to just happen (which means tons of work behind the scenes!).

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
POSTED: 9/13/10 10:15 AM

Adding a thanks to all the volunteers. I couldn't believe how many I saw on the course. And how many stayed cheerful through the weather continuing to support and cheer everyone on. The race wouldn't have been as good without them.

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 9/13/10 10:58 AM

I felt so much love from the volunteers before, during, and after the race! You and your yellow shirts rock my world!

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1063
POSTED: 9/13/10 11:15 AM

The volunteers were awesome yesterday! We had our largest group of volunteers and the lowest no-show count to date. DC Tri is a huge part of that effort and we all thank you for that!

Special thanks go out to a few people who put in a lot of effort. First, Carrie Campbell and Marta Myrecki were the volunteer coordinators for the race and are responsible for recruiting all of our great volunteers.

Katie Hatheway was key all weekend and especially with organizing the bike marshal volunteers.

Karen Willard and Amanda Chadwick were the girls in charge of the swim practice and were there keeping the swim dock safe on Sunday morning as well.

Bryan Frank organized the DC Tri effort on the bike course and getting the bike course marshals out on the course.

When you see them next, please be sure to thank them for their time. Trisha hit the nail on the head by saying there was a lot of work done behind the scenes and these are the folks who put together a massive effort for a successful race weekend.

gswiszcza's ravatar gswiszcza    JOINED: 1/27/10    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 9/13/10 2:12 PM

Thank you so much to the volunteers yesterday! They were up beat and helpful the whole race and, all rain aside, made it a great first Oly tri for me.

novasupra's ravatar novasupra    JOINED: 12/3/09    POSTS: 70
POSTED: 9/14/10 12:05 AM

definitely a huge shout out to all the volunteers, organizers and spectators who made this race such a great event. To take time out of their day and stand in the cold and rain to support us and ultimately the great charity is truly selfless and we all thank you.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/14/10 12:25 AM

As usual very good job by the race organization and the volunteer coordinators and the volunteers themselves.

Thank you to the volunteers, the people that are truly responsible for putting on a great race.

As you all can see volunteering for a race is not only essential but enjoyable for everyone.

I encourage all the well wishers to the volunteers this year, to take the time next year and volunteer at any/many races to give back to your fellow triathletes so that these same volunteers can experience the joy given to you on your race day.

That is the best way to say thanks to the volunteers/volunteer coordinators/race directors, etc for all the work they did.

Have a safe and enjoyable off season everyone.

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 9/16/10 1:09 PM

I agree, volunteers were incredible. I too loved the ones on Hain Point providing some entertainment on the run. Much needed the distraction at that point!
Everyone, great feedback on the race, be sure to sign up for 2011 with your Special Alumni Pricing before October 1 at midnight:
http://nationstri.com/2011-alumni-registration

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 94
POSTED: 9/16/10 1:13 PM

PS PS - For more updates about Results, the race and training advice, join the Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/TheNationsTriathlon?ref=ts

Lakaien    JOINED: 9/17/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 9/17/10 4:41 AM

Interesting points I found here, in that thread. Thank you, probably I'm going to be a volunteer too, after a hard work at best fat burners...

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria