Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Peasantman 2011 is still OPEN
CREATED: 03/30/11 by rah2774 REPLIES: 12
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 249
Peasantman 2011 is still OPEN
POSTED: 3/30/11 12:26 PM

I wanted to dispel the myth that Peasantman registration is closed...

Yes, it was closed briefly last week after a record turn out after which point the war council decided to open more spots ("community spots") to appease the masses. We are currently at about 2/3 capacity so act fast as we do anticipate selling out.

To recap Tuan's previous thread - Lake Anna is about 1.5 hours drive from DC (outside of Fredericksburg). It is easy to reach the morning of the event. If, however, you choose to drive down Saturday night there is lodging available (campsites, camping cabins, and 2 BR cabins) in the Park in limited quanitities. There are also hotels nearby.

If you are able to volunteer (or if you are racing and want to/can bring friends and/or family members to watch and can convince them to volunteer), please email me your contact info at rah.2774@gmail.com

the link to register for Peasantman is: http://www.highcloud.org/peasantman

We're very excited about the event and can't wait to see you on May 8th!

-becky h

RE: Peasantman 2011 is still OPEN
POSTED: 3/30/11 2:25 PM

I forgot to mention that this is not a DC-Tri only event. We've sent fliers/invitations to, among other groups, the Old Town Tri Club, Mont. Co. Tri Club, Luna Chicks, and Team Z.

bad ford's ravatar bad ford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 185
POSTED: 3/30/11 3:40 PM

Tuan,

I would like to participate this year, but I can't since it is Mother's Day. Is there any chance you can reschedule Mother's Day to another weekend, preferably in the winter?

Thanks!

Brad.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1331
POSTED: 3/30/11 9:12 PM

Brad,

Mothers eat free at PeasantMan ... win-win.

Tuan

POSTED: 4/01/11 11:34 AM

Yes, of course, silly of me not to mention that Mothers eat FREE at Peasantman... what better way to tell your mom you love her than by bringing her to the training event and letting her meet all of your spandex wearing friends! I'll put her to "work" so she can really appreciate the glory that will be the Peasants' Retreat... then she can kick back and celebrate while eating burgers and dogs at the post-race BBQ!

Heck, if your mom is super supportive, you can bring her to the bonfire on Saturday night. I haven't cleared this with the war council, but I think I can safely say that all moms' s'mores will be on the house! We'll stand around the roaring fire holding hands as we sacrifice a water buffalo (at least I'm assuming we will, that's Tuan's perogative) and sing kumbaya. You can show your mom what a spiritual person you are by participating in this pre-race bonding experience.

Spots are limited, so sign up today!!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 4/19/11 7:28 AM

When is Dennis giving the swim clinic again? Thought it was Saturday. Edit: thought it was Sunday Thanks :)

POSTED: 4/19/11 9:06 AM

Good question Simon :)

We will have a professionally run OWS clinic put together by WaveOne at Lake Anna on Saturday May 7th. It will be run by WaveOne's founder and a stud open water swimmer (Dennis). We chose May 7th so that the people arriving early for PeasantMan to camp there can do the practice swim under supervision. On top of that, we will throw in a bike handling clinic after the swim clinic for those who are weak in that area.

Although we've set this up as part of the PeasantMan experience, it will be open to everyone in the club. This will be a marked course with buoys, safety patrol in the water, and professional instructions. Dennis does this all the time not only for the public, but also for DCTri.

If you are a veteran looking for some open water swim opportunities with buoys and safety patrol, this is for you.

If you are new to triathlon, this will be an invaluable experience for you. Open water opportunities do no come by often. OWS with buoys are even more rare. OWS with buoys with profession lessons is even more rare. Take advantage of this. Ask any veteran triathletes and they will tell you that you can never get enough OWS experience. Get the fear and the anxiety out of the way before race day. The more chances that you get, the better you will become on race day.

I will have more details on this in the athlete's guide in a few weeks. I will also post it in the forum.

Tuan

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 4/20/11 8:33 PM

Cool thanks! Don't know why I was thinking Sunday, which doesn't make sense at all.

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 4/21/11 12:44 AM

I registered, signing as Spanish Galleon. Now if only I could move through the water like one...

this will likely be a failboat...

edit: tried to link a picture/screenshot. Failboat sank...

zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 4/21/11 12:45 AM

Tuan -- Jamie may still do it. But only if Susie and I can have cupcakes. You can find us a volunteer job that a 2 year old can do, okay? :)

zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 4/21/11 1:08 AM

Actually maybe not -- his gig in Frederick is at 4pm. Not sure if we can swing it.

POSTED: 4/21/11 7:51 AM

Below is the image that Trevor was trying to upload. He couldn't do it because he's a peasant.

Just for those not in the know ... the PeasantMan registration page asks registrants to sign their name using a touchpad or a mouse. Normal people just sign their name. As a child, Trevor was locked up quite a bit in the closet by his parents. It was during those long dark hours that he developed the ability to do the free hand artwork with a mouse shown below.

Tuan

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
POSTED: 4/21/11 8:00 AM

Hey ho we'll go
Anywhere the wind is blowing
Hoist the sails and sing
Sailing for adventure on the big blue wet thing

:P

(thanks for the clicky, Tuan)

Trevor

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria