Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New DC Tri in June??
CREATED: 05/03/09 by vikki REPLIES: 7
vikki's ravatar vikki    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
New DC Tri in June??
POSTED: 5/03/09 1:47 PM

I learned at the Columbia Brick that there will be a new DC Olympic this summer in June? Are others signed up? Can someone point me to info on this? Thanks!

vikki's ravatar vikki    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
RE: New DC Tri in June??
POSTED: 5/03/09 1:52 PM

Ok, just found it. Link below. An elite race! A little intimidating for my first olympic. Any other suggestions for Olympic distance in June/July? I'm training for Timberman and would like to get one in before August. Thanks!

http://www.triathlon.org/index.php?call=TVRBMg%3D%3D&srch=&pgNm_AN=1&keep=sh&nwsid=2389

drewpugh's ravatar drewpugh    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 5/03/09 8:14 PM

Vikki - thanks for posting this, just signed up for the sprint... my first triathlon. ;-)

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 5/03/09 9:04 PM

Vikki,
The elites race in the afternoon and amatuers in the morning in both sprint and olympic distances.
Angela

POSTED: 5/04/09 8:14 AM

If you want somewhat of a smaller race, I'd suggest going on the setupevents.com website and looking for a relatively local race in the distance you'd like. My first few tris were part of the Virginia Triathlon Series. In general I've found them to be very well run.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 5/04/09 10:11 AM

Ahhhh - but who can pass up an opportunity to swim in the Potomac! It will be fun, local, festive. Plenty of DC Tri -ers in this race to help you along, offer tips on open water swimming, transition set up, etc. What a terrific course in the heart of downtown!

HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 76
POSTED: 5/06/09 1:53 PM

I had no idea until browsing thru the board/bored posts.

I signed up....but just the sprint, figured it's a nice little tester prior to the olympic in NJ and then in DC in Sept. Farther then any sprint I've done so far and a good season opener for me (an NTP'er). Man it starts at early:30!

Do you think this is something I'll need a wetsuit for? I was thinking about getting one for Nations, but dragging my feet on it.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 5/06/09 2:33 PM

I would suggest a wetsuit for the swim. It won't be too chilly in June but the water will definitely be on the comfortably cool side.

Also, Xterra wetsuits is a DC Tri partner and they are offering some great sales right now. Use the code "SPRING" to check out their deals. Also, try the DC Tri code that is available on our merchant partner page.

Congrats on signing up for your first tri!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria