Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

A big shout out to all ITU volunteers yesterday!
CREATED: 06/22/09 by HillOE REPLIES: 11
HillOE's ravatar HillOE    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 74
A big shout out to all ITU volunteers yesterday!
POSTED: 6/22/09 7:51 AM

THANK YOU for all the encouragment and support you gave yesterday! This was my first major tri event and seeing familiar faces in the yellow shirts sure made it easier.

Special props to all the NTP'ers who volunteered and shouted encouragment to their fellow NTPers who were in the race.

And of course the spectators...I saw Amy as I rounded...Constitution? I'm sure there were others out there.

As for the athletes? All the DCTri jerseys out there - way to go us! I caught the blurb on Comcast sports night last night and all I can say is "oh a DC Tri jersey...oh a DC tri jersey...and another and another!"

A great day for racing and a great event. Can't wait for Nations!

Cheers

Hillary/OE

sschulman's ravatar sschulman    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
RE: A big shout out to all ITU volunteers yesterday!
POSTED: 6/22/09 8:48 AM

I second that emotion! My first event (I did the sprint), and the DC tri crowd helped push me through some cramps that threatened me with DNF. Thanks also to NTP leader Travis for showing me around the transition area Saturday. DC Tri ROCKS!

skelly99's ravatar skelly99    JOINED: 3/1/09    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 6/22/09 9:56 AM

I agree! It was great having everyone out there volunteering and cheering (first race/sprint here). And the OWS clinic on Saturday definitely helped a lot as well. Thanks to all the NTP leaders, mentors, and fellow NTPers. On to New Jersey! (Is it really a month away?!)

Seth

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 6/22/09 10:37 AM

This was like the easiest race because you just had to go from turn to turn and say hi to a volunteer from DC Tri. You guys were amazing out there as volunteers. Thanks so much. Simon

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/22/09 10:40 AM

So true Simon! I only want to race DC Tri-supported races from now on. It takes a village people! (No, not the Village People...)

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 6/22/09 10:51 AM

If DC Tri people come out dressed like the Village People, I'll be willing to (ack!) swim and actually do a tri.

nmr2002    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 6/22/09 10:58 AM

Thanks to everyone from DC Tri for making my first tri awesome and enjoyable! Lots of familiar faces on the course, both runners and volunteers.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 6/22/09 1:28 PM

bring back the 70's disco bands.!!!!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 6/22/09 1:40 PM

Thank you volunteers! Saw so many of you out there cheering, it really makes a difference. -Jason

p.s. Couldn't we just hire the Village People? How much can it cost to get them these days? ;-)

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 6/22/09 2:36 PM

I echo the thanks - from Kevin lending me his extra goggles after mine were run over by a taxi, to Ed snapping photos after my oh-so-memorable swim, to countless volunteers (and people in DC Tri jerseys whom I don't even know), it was wonderful to feel the love out there.

Way to go to the NTP volunteers - I saw many who not only got up early for Lake Anna on Saturday but who were also out there volunteering at the crack of dawn and beyond. You are all a tribute to what makes this an awesome club.

Mimi :)

jvance    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/22/09 3:35 PM

I don't have much to add to what has been said so far, but looking back at it today, I'd say this was the best supported olympic distance race I've been at, and was right up there with IMAZ last year. So kudos to all the volunteers out there so early for the age groupers.

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 6/22/09 4:26 PM

Thanks to all those who volunteered. This was my first olympic distance and I really enjoyed it! I managed to get a sneaky picture with Mr Brownlee after the pro race too which was awesome.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria