DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Lake Anna swim and bike 2/3 April
CREATED: 03/30/11 by tgalbert REPLIES: 9
tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 403
Lake Anna swim and bike 2/3 April
POSTED: 3/30/11 2:24 PM

Hey all!

I'm headed to Lake Anna this week to jump in the water a bit to test the shrinkage factor, bike the Rumpus course, and camp out Saturday night. I'll be out there with a couple others doing OWS, and maybe tri working on some of those transition thingies (what sport am I doing again?).

Camping will be free at my spot, waterfront site. There will be fire, chest beating, and maybe a bewski or ten.

Rinse and repeat on Sunday.

If you want to come, want to grab a ride with me, email me at trevor(dot)albert(at)gmail and I'll hook you up with the deets. C'mon, it's what all the cool kids are doing.

Leaving out of Alexandria, Va around between 730/830 on Saturday morning. Return Sunday at....

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1786
RE: Lake Anna swim and bike 2/3 April
POSTED: 3/30/11 2:43 PM

Sounds like a cool way to prep for Rumpus in the Bumpass, the Kinetic Half, or even PeasantMan, all events in the area.

chuckmcgee's ravatar chuckmcgee    JOINED: 3/12/11    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 3/30/11 7:00 PM

I am tempted to join you for Saturday and head home afterwards on Saturday. I am doing the Rumpass and don't have any other great options for open-water warm ups beforehand.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 3/31/11 1:40 PM

I can't make it this weekend, but was thinking of doing one next weekend.

I've never done an OWS before memorial day... what's the dilly on swimming when it's not technically "open" yet? is it at your own risk? do I have to be on the lookout for the park 5-0?

POSTED: 3/31/11 2:13 PM

@chuck, shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll give you more detail on the plan.

@lainey, I'm also going out next weekend (9/10 Apr), where we'll have a coach with us on Sunday. People live out on the lake there at Lake Anna, so as far as I know swimming isn't off limits. I've never seen the po-po out there, not to say they are never there... It's pretty much swim at your own risk any place you swim outside. It's always good to have folks on kayaks or something to throw you a line, but I don't have any nearby. Swim close to shore I guess, and with a partner. I can give you additional detail after this weekend. Another post will be made for 9/10 Apr.

Like I said, drop me a line (my email in OP) if you want to come and I'll include you on my email distro with our schedule.

(FYI, this isn't an official DC Tri thing, I'm just trying to get some like minded folks to come hang out, practice, and maybe make some new friends)

chuckmcgee's ravatar chuckmcgee    JOINED: 3/12/11    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 3/31/11 2:18 PM

I have decided to go with next weekend. I will shoot an email but, as it stands now, count on me to participate! Thanks for putting this together.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 3/31/11 2:20 PM

I'm so there for next weekend! Awesome!

I'll send you an email...
Elaine

safbiker    JOINED: 2/14/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 4/05/11 11:37 AM

Hey Trevor,

So you still planning to do this OWS on April 9/10? I am thinking about going down on the 9th as I have a new wetsuit to try out and could use some OWS practice. What time are folks meeting and is it obvious where to meet once there? I have never been.

thanks,

Steve

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 160
POSTED: 4/05/11 12:05 PM

Did you end up swimming last weekend? How was the water temp? I'm not going to have a chance to make it out there before Rumpass, but would be interested to hear how cold the water was. Also, can someone post on here after this weekend about the temps? Thanks

POSTED: 4/05/11 1:47 PM

Steve,
Yes, I am. I'll be down there on Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to decide when to head down, as the weather is threatening to rain. I'd rather not transport my bike in the rain if I don't have to. Shoot me an email (above) and I'll put you on my distro. I'll also let you know when and where.

Sean,
I did swim this past weekend! It was definitely cold where I got in (a couple miles north of the Marina where RitB will be). I'd say high 50s? Cold, though. I swam with a full suit and I was comfortable. A friend who swam with me on Sunday swam in a sleeveless and she was cold. Then again, she doesn't do well in cold, take that for what you will.

I was swimming in it just fine. After this weekend I'll post again.

Vr,
Trevor

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria