Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NTPers at Wed lunchtime bike skills clinics at Hains Pnt?
CREATED: 06/22/09 by trisha REPLIES: 5
trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 131
NTPers at Wed lunchtime bike skills clinics at Hains Pnt?
POSTED: 6/22/09 9:36 AM

Hey NTPers - anyone planning to go to the Sports and Spinal PT bike handling skills clinics starting this Wed at noon at Hains Point?? I RSVP'd to go, but, as always, it would be more fun with friendly faces there!

The woman running the show, Sonja, used to be my PT and she's very cool. And knows her stuff when it comes to being on a bike! Hope to see some of you there,
Trisha

DCDean    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
RE: NTPers at Wed lunchtime bike skills clinics at Hains Pnt?
POSTED: 6/22/09 10:41 PM

Wednesday at noon? Can't make it. But I thought the bike skills clinic was after work, not during work. Is there another time this is offered? Thanks.

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/23/09 10:47 AM

Not sure I can make it this week, but I've got it on my calendar for next week if tomorrow is a no go. ~ida

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
POSTED: 6/24/09 9:56 AM

Hi Trisia - let us know how it goes today. I put it on my calendar for Wed, July 8.

Ida - no clinic next week, July 1.

Was at end of the bike course at race on Sunday. Newbies - we need to think about dismounts. I didn't realize until Sunday that this was a skill!

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 131
POSTED: 6/24/09 1:46 PM

clinic was fun - today we did pace lines (literally just riding around HP in single and double pace lines). As was mentioned, no clinic next week, but in 2 weeks (Jul 8) we'll be riding in the grass working on "body contact". Then in future weeks we'll do cornering (which I apparently desperately need!) and whatever else people want.

I'll also mention that Sonja is a PT and bike fitter and was doing on the fly adjustments for people and offering advice for others to make your ride more comfy.

markk's ravatar markk    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 6/24/09 1:52 PM

This was very helpful. I've been out of group rides for sometime and this reminded me of the concentration and details needed in pace lines. I look forward to the turns and contact sessions.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria