Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Why Stop at NoVA? Anyone down South?
CREATED: 07/11/13 by wbdowntown REPLIES: 7
wbdowntown's ravatar wbdowntown    JOINED: 3/28/12    POSTS: 103
Why Stop at NoVA? Anyone down South?
POSTED: 7/11/13 7:09 AM

Why stop at NoVa? Anyone down 'South' (i.e. from Old Town down to Lorton) looking for training partners on the weekend? I bike/run out of the Mt Vernon area, but often find myself down in the Lorton/Clifton on long rides (50-70mi).

Wes

Edub's ravatar Edub    JOINED: 7/10/13    POSTS: 4
RE: Why Stop at NoVA? Anyone down South?
POSTED: 7/12/13 6:34 PM

Just noticed that the new NOVA group is meeting up in Tyson's Corner next week for a group ride. Not sure about you but I am not big fan of sitting in traffic so looks like we might have to start our own campaign to form a group out this way. I am on Fort Belvoir and like to ride the FFX County Parkway but am open to other routes you may be familiar with. Let me know what you think.

Eric

POSTED: 7/12/13 9:44 PM

I usually do some version of the below roads. quiet country roads off of Ox Rd around Fountain Head Park. We may have passed each other at some point.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/us/mount-vernon-va/a-ride-mapped-on-04-19-2012-route-84943379

Wes

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 206
POSTED: 7/12/13 10:21 PM

There's no reason the Fort Hunt Park loop can't be "Hains Point South." Heck, there's a gate, there's a bathroom, there's even National Park Service Police.

POSTED: 7/13/13 12:53 PM

That's an idea. Anyone else interested? We could loop together a moderate ride and finish it off with a few fast crit style laps.

POSTED: 7/15/13 12:38 PM

Anyone interested in a weekly ride? Below is a proposed route starting from Ft Hunt. We could finish it off with a number of high speed runs around the park.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/246683169

Wes

brownnugen    JOINED: 3/23/14    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 3/27/14 7:52 PM

I am just south of Old Town, off of Ft Hunt Rd. Does anyone here go to the Little Hunting Swim Club?

POSTED: 3/27/14 9:02 PM

Nope. But I have used the Mt Vernon and George Washington rec centers. There is a Alexandria master program that meets at both.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria