Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Now That Was A Party
CREATED: 01/07/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 11
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
Now That Was A Party
POSTED: 1/07/10 8:10 AM

This club is pretty fun. Who knew.
Happy 2010 and good luck kiddies!

Is it Really time to start training already!?
See ya 'round (after the NFL playoffs).

Simon

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
RE: Now That Was A Party
POSTED: 1/07/10 10:05 AM

Is it true there were 130 attendees, and 150 gifts announced?..Seemed like it. A swag fest.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 1/07/10 10:15 AM

last night i found out that i am a slut for Gu chews

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 1/07/10 11:59 AM

Many thanks to all of the merchant partners for their donations and a special thanks to the organizers. Had a blast! See everyone out there training.

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 1/07/10 12:14 PM

Great turnout....a fun event! Thanks to all of you who came out to kick off 2010! A special thanks to our merchant partners for their generous donations as well as their continued support!

Looking forward to a terrific 2010!

Julie

neisha101's ravatar neisha101    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 1/07/10 1:24 PM

Yes indeed, that was an awesome party. Thanks for the invite Angela. I'm very excited to start my triathlon training and adventure with the DC Tri Club

Neisha

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1270
POSTED: 1/07/10 1:54 PM

Be careful Neisha. One of these days you will go to one of the less formal happy hours. Someone, perhaps even Angela herself, will then walk up to you with their IPhone and tell you to enter your credit card info and hit the submit button. You will have had too many drinks by then and will do as they asked. You will go home, check your email the next day in a cloud of haze, and realized that you've just signed up for an Ironman. The problem will be exaggerated by the fact that you can neither swim, bike, nor run.

You will then cry but your indiscretion will be irreversible. You will then go to the confession booth at Archdiocese of DC to confessed your sin even though your are a Budhist/Jew/Muslim/athiest/Lyndon La Rouche supporter. You will then call your parents and your bestfriend to tell them the news. You will all cry together but the indiscretion is still irreversible.

Welcome to the dark side. There is no turning back now. You only have Angela to thank.

Tuan

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 1/07/10 2:38 PM

So that is what happened when I registered for Cozumel last year, I kept trying to figure out how I ended up there!

Tuan, whats your excuse?! :-)

neisha101's ravatar neisha101    JOINED: 1/7/10    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 1/07/10 3:41 PM

LOL @ Tuan. I see you are speaking greatly from experience. Since I have now been duly warned I will only have myself to blame when I do find myself doing an Ironman without my complete knowledge of ever signing up for one. And since I can hardly swim 400 metres, I will not even make it to the transition to bike and run. I will then in my weakest moment blame Angela lol.
But thats what it is all about *wink

Neisha

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 1/07/10 4:37 PM

Be nice to the new girl or she's going to show up at next year's meeting with "Antarctica" embroidered on her Ironman shirt!

Hey, maybe that's what the naked jogger was training for...?

- Suzanne

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 1/07/10 6:30 PM

I just realized that I left my "went the distance" pint glass (and actually becky's too- don't tell her) last night. Did anyone pick up 2 stacked pint glasses from the back corner table?

I'm so distraught. :(

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 1/07/10 7:59 PM

that's too bad, Karen. Now you HAVE to sign up for an Ironman!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria