Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations
CREATED: 07/18/12 by ookunsei REPLIES: 2
ookunsei    JOINED: 8/10/10    POSTS: 6
Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations
POSTED: 7/18/12 9:32 AM

I'm looking for a swim coach that provides one-on-one sessions or small group sessions. I've looked on the forum but haven't come up with much information. My skill level is intermediate, meaning I'm ok at freestyle and I'm comfortable doing laps in a 50m pool. The problem is I need a coach to help me improve my stroke. I haven't been swimming regularly because I don't want to develop bad swimming form. Can anybody recommend a swim coach in the DC Metro area? Are there any swim groups for beginners or intermediate swimmers? Websites or other resources?

Thanks!

- Wole

conartist's ravatar conartist    JOINED: 1/31/12    POSTS: 54
RE: Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations
POSTED: 7/18/12 2:08 PM

I work with Mark Liscinsky at American University and he has been excellent. My tehcnique needed so much work and he pinpointed my flaws and implemented drills to improve my efficiency in the water. He treats each client individually depending on your skill level/present technique. Mark will videotape you above and underwater so you can see for yourself your before/after/present. I laughed REALLY hard the first time I saw myself claiming that - "That's BS, there's no way that's me." It was. Damn orange swim cap.

But I'm improving little by little and Mark is a patient/energetic guy who's an accomplished swimmer himself. He's a great coach and all around nice person. Send him an email and check it out! Highly recommend him.

I'll be seeing him some more come off-season.

Mark's email - mliscinsky@american.edu
- Conor

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1772
RE: Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations
POSTED: 7/19/12 11:06 AM

Beth Baker at AU; WaveOne/DCT at Wilson.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria