Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

cherry blossom roll call?
CREATED: 03/30/11 by jonwolfsthal REPLIES: 9
jonwolfsthal's ravatar jonwolfsthal    JOINED: 3/22/09    POSTS: 43
cherry blossom roll call?
POSTED: 3/30/11 9:29 PM

who is in. weather promises to be amazing, a once in a decade development!!!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
RE: cherry blossom roll call?
POSTED: 3/30/11 9:47 PM

You haven't been around in while, huh Jon? :::^)::

A new feature of the website, check out the Race section. A bunch of people are joining you on the run.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 3/30/11 11:19 PM

Jon is probably too busy worrying about the status of the Yankees pitching compared to the Red Sox.

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 3/30/11 11:26 PM

IN :)

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 330
POSTED: 3/31/11 9:34 AM

I'll be there! And there will be Cherry Blossoms this year (unlike last year when the race was a week too late for blossoms due to Easter!)

Anyone have an extra mens DC Triclub running singlet that I can borrow for the race, size small/medium?

-Luke

jonwolfsthal's ravatar jonwolfsthal    JOINED: 3/22/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 3/31/11 10:12 AM

Bryan: Thanks. I had not seen it, but now that I have I officially "don't like it" as there is no box for smack talk or post run eating plans. Just call me a hater.

Hugh: Damn straight I worry about my yanks. After the highs spending sox brought in a bucnh of overpaid percinaries, the underdog, farm grown talent rich yankees will be lucky to get the wild card. You have become that which you despised!!!

jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/31/11 2:49 PM

1. attending
2. as long as we have varitek and pedroia we still have a heart and soul - two things the yankees don't have and of course we'll dominate this year

7brophy    JOINED: 9/15/10    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 3/31/11 3:52 PM

This is my first time doing the cherry blossom. Any advice out there on how to tackle the start... I hear it is crazy crowded. My goal is a 7:35 - 7:40 pace, so obviously not super fast, but I don't want to spend the first two+ miles tripping over people. Sprint it out in the beginning or just hang out, relax, and race the last 8?

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
POSTED: 3/31/11 4:11 PM

@Jon: True, perhaps a new area under the race section: the SmackTalk area. :::^)::

mcbkrun's ravatar mcbkrun    JOINED: 6/17/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 4/01/11 1:57 AM

My game plan this year to avoid tripping over people is to get there early and be the first in my corral. It's crazy crowded anyway so you want to avoid as many people as you can. Avoid running on the sidewalks, unless you want to be pushed around. I wouldn't go all out in the beginning, make your move after making the turn at Hains Point (that's where you see most people starting to walk). I'm shooting for a sub 1:10.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria