Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ITU results up
CREATED: 06/22/09 by karlaj REPLIES: 12
karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
ITU results up
POSTED: 6/22/09 7:58 PM

In case you hadn't found them yet:
http://www.onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=3711

Also, amongst the scrolling images on the main website http://www.washingtondc-triathlon.org/, the lovely and talented Sandy Chiang!

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
RE: ITU results up
POSTED: 6/23/09 10:04 AM

Yours truly, bringing up the rear. Right behind the paraplegic and the 80 year old.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
POSTED: 6/23/09 10:31 AM

I find it almost disturbing that the number totals keep changing. There were 39 guys in my age group. Now there are 40. There were 363 Olympic distance racers, now there are 365. Did they lose some along the way? :)

And great job Sheriece. It only matters that you finished. And you did! :)

POSTED: 6/23/09 10:35 AM

You're right, there are more people now.

But I'm still last :(

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/23/09 11:41 AM

I've been last, and here's the thing: You can now cross "being last" off your list! See how this works??

Sheriece you did a fantastic job. You could have thrown in the towel anywhere along the race. Instead you pulled off a fantastic pace on your run, faster than my 10k when I'm haven't just swam and biked! and an OLY is not an easy distance. Give yourself a break, revel in your achievements, and remember that you can only get better.

and? HTFU, woman. It takes guts to be last.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 6/23/09 11:45 AM

As my photo being picked for the ITU homepage proves, it's not always speed that matters - you get points for style too!

Sheriece - you got tons of style! Way to PR by 30 minutes!!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/23/09 11:56 AM

Sheriece - way to go! Yeah - you go girl. I was not far ahead of the 80 yr old. You finished way ahead of all those without the courage to try. With experience, you'll go up in the pack, but even if you don't - none of us are elite. We do this because we love to push our own limits and be around other crazy people that do the same. Glad to know you and be in your company. What's up next? I'm trying to be at Montclair on Sunday, but my family is voicing objection to the back to back racing. From the race reports on the other thread, I am tempted to just go for it. Likely, I will be home and finished before they are dressed and had breakfast. Even my cats won't be up.

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/23/09 12:05 PM

SANDY, you have ARRIVED! woot! WAY TO GO!

POSTED: 6/23/09 12:17 PM

You know, it was a nice race. It was great to see so many DC Tri people out there racing and volunteering.

And most of the water stops were still there when I came by. They packed up after I left, but I was very surprised to still see them there.

Cool thing about bringing up the rear: having that police car follow me for nearly the entire run.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 6/23/09 12:24 PM

Did the policemen get out and do pushups for you?

nmr2002    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 6/23/09 1:24 PM

I think I need to get my T1 time down from 4 and a half minutes. Ha! Maybe it was because I was spending too much time thinking about how my swimming form went to poop and I basically doggy-paddled my 750m. It looked so easy when that first wave went in...

Congrats to everyone who finished, no matter their time!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/23/09 1:26 PM

There was a great female officer at 12th and constitution (or was it 9th - all those tunnels are running together in my mind). She was cheering up a storm when I spoke with her and I was by far not at the top of the pack.

I finally looked at my race results. Good news - my T times are improving. If I just didn't have to pee so badly at T1 - well sometimes you can't fight nature, but have to work with what you got. Thankfully - great port o potty set up at ITU.

anthonyacook's ravatar anthonyacook    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 6/23/09 2:43 PM

I know exactly what LEO you are referring to, she was so positive and encouraging. I loved how she turned her job from traffic / ground control into a spirited member of the crowd.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria