DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Impromptu NTP get-together 6/24: "Top Gun" in Stead Park, 8:30 pm
CREATED: 06/22/09 by amiehwoods REPLIES: 3
amiehwoods's ravatar amiehwoods    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
Impromptu NTP get-together 6/24: "Top Gun" in Stead Park, 8:30 pm
POSTED: 6/22/09 11:15 PM

Hey NTPers!
There's an awesome outdoor movie series in the Dupont circle area on 3 Wednesdays this summer...this Wed they're showing "Top Gun" at 8:30pm. Which, coincidentally, is riiiiight after the CUA swim. What better way to come down after a great swim workout than watching Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer play shirtless volleyball?? (Come on, they were hot back then). :-) Deets below:

Wednesday, June 24th @ 8:30pm: Top Gun
(Rain Date, Wednesday, July 1st @ 8:30pm)

1625 P Street NW, Washington, DC

Metro Accessible: Dupont Circle - North Exit

Cost: This is a free event so please feel free to spread the word!

For more information please email Jeannie@ReishmanGroup.com

sstriguy's ravatar sstriguy    JOINED: 6/18/09    POSTS: 14
RE: Impromptu NTP get-together 6/24: "Top Gun" in Stead Park, 8:30 pm
POSTED: 6/25/09 1:08 PM

Amie,

Did a group manage to get together for "Top Gun" last night? I was in the area so stopped by but couldn't find any tri people. I approached a couple of people I thought looked vaguely like your compressed picture but was met with blank stares. One confessed that she'd like do triathlons but then turned back to watch the movie. I think Val Kilmer was serving the volleyball right then, so who can blame her? Anyhow, thanks for the good idea. We should wear bike helmets or swim caps or something to set us apart.

Mark W

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 6/25/09 1:58 PM

Mark - sorry we missed you! But never fear, we already started planning for next month's viewing of Indiana Jones (Last Crusade) where we hope to be better prepared with picnics and drinks (not that take-out last night wasn't fun).

Next month's show is just days after our NJ tri, so we should be easy to spot with our newly earned race shirts :)
Trisha

amiehwoods's ravatar amiehwoods    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/25/09 3:20 PM

Hey Mark,
Sorry we missed you! It was very fun and shirtless-volleyball-icious. If you're into that kind of thing. ;-) But as Trisha correctly pointed out we were missing several crucial elements:
1. Cooler of beer
2. Blanket that was not, in fact, my damp towel from the CAU swim. Altho it did just fine in a pinch.
3. Other NTPer's

The next couple movies are listed below, and are organized by a really nice guy named Linsdey who works in local real estate (I think). :-) See you at the next one I hope!

Wednesday, July 29th @ 8:30pm: Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
(Rain Date, Wednesday, August 5th @ 8:30pm)

Wednesday, August 26th @ 8:30pm: Meet the Parents
(Rain Date, Wednesday, September 2nd @ 8:30pm)

1625 P Street NW, Washington, DC

Metro Accessible: Dupont Circle - North Exit

For more information please email Jeannie@ReishmanGroup.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria