Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Shipping?
CREATED: 08/11/09 by adyck REPLIES: 1
adyck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
Bike Shipping?
POSTED: 8/11/09 5:02 PM

Hi , Im in the Dc tri club and I am doing the chicago Triathlon , I live here in arlington and I was wondering if anyone knew where you would go to ship your bike, I found a bike shipping service on the Chicago Tri website but its located in IL, How would I go about shipping my bike to Chicago, I do not have a box. I would want to find a place where they would disassemble the bike and pack it away. Thanks

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Bike Shipping?
POSTED: 8/11/09 5:11 PM

Chicago Tri is a big triathlon. Go to Tri Bike Transport website and see if they are shipping bikes from DC to Chicago. Tri bike transport is your best bet.

If not, rent a box from Conte's/Cap Hill, borrow from friends or WAba and carry it on the plane with you. If you have enough time, I would suggest shipping your bike UPS ground to the bike store associated with Chicago Triathlon 2 weeks before your race. That store will build up your bike and store it until the race.

I like Bicycle Pro Bike shop in Alexandria to rent a box and break down bike. They are not merchant partners but are probably a little cheaper than Conte's.

Good luck w/ them hills in Chicago.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria