Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anyone else doing IronGirl Columbia?
CREATED: 01/23/12 by MallowCN83 REPLIES: 4
MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
Anyone else doing IronGirl Columbia?
POSTED: 1/23/12 11:06 AM

Just wondering if anyone else got in?

Or am I the only crazy one? ;)

(jokes from the boys in 3...2...1...and GO)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
RE: Anyone else doing IronGirl Columbia?
POSTED: 1/24/12 10:16 AM

I did Irongirl as my first tri 5 or 6 years ago. You'll love it. Vigorito (Race Director) runs a well organized race and has been doing this for years and years. Having an all woman field was reassuring for my first tri. If you have not swum in open water before, I recommend doing one of the open water swim clinics that the Club or Wave One offers this summer.

Also, the bike course is semi-challenging with lots of hills. It is a shorter version of the Columbia Oly course in May.

Run is a little longer than a 5K at 3.4 miles and could be a little hot at that time of year. Nice loop around the park and lots of crowd support.

Nice medal and a hat or visor at the finish :)

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 167
POSTED: 1/24/12 10:28 AM

I've done the race a couple of time as well and agree that it's a fantastic experience. the race organizers also do a great event in July where you can swim the whole course with full kayak support and then bike and run the course on your own (with lots of other folks out there too). Have a great time.

Joyce

IParada's ravatar IParada    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 1/29/12 2:32 PM

Hi,
I'm also doing IronGirl this August, will be my first tri.

MallowCN83's ravatar MallowCN83    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 59
POSTED: 2/02/12 10:08 AM

It's my goal race this year, and it will definitely be my hardest so far. I'm also doing PeasantMan in May (hopefully!) and the Washington DC tri in June. I was also thinking about the Cedar Point Sprint in September.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria