Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Here!
CREATED: 11/29/12 by aaronjw12 REPLIES: 4
aaronjw12    JOINED: 11/29/12    POSTS: 17
New Here!
POSTED: 11/29/12 3:21 PM

Seeing all the DC Tri jerseys around town and figured I would join!

I'm a terrible swimmer and okay cyclist/runner. 2012 was my first year doing triathlon and had a blast. Got to do a 70.3 in Texas, a local Sprint, and a full distance in Arizona last week.

Already registered for my 2013 races including Lone Star 70.3, Eagleman, Ironman Switzerland, and Ironman Cozumel. I'm sure I'll be racing local Sprints that come up and road races like the GW Parkway Classic as well.

Hope to find some good groups to train with. Planning on spending the winter getting my terrible swim times in order and building my FTP on the trainer before work. Would love to break into the high-9s in Switzerland or Cozumel if I can get my swim and nutrition sorted and get more tri experience.

Hope to see some of you out there training!

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 508
RE: New Here!
POSTED: 11/29/12 8:23 PM

Hi Aaron -

Welcome to the club! Take a minute to explore our website as you'll find many great networking, training, and socializing opportunities. We have our annual lights running coming up in 2 weeks with a post-run happy hour...a great way to meet some new friends!

Happy training!

Ryan,
President, DC Tri Club

bwinterroth's ravatar bwinterroth    JOINED: 5/12/11    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 11/30/12 7:06 AM

Aaron,

Welcome to the club! I just read that you did a full distance race out in Arizona. Was that IMAZ? I was racing out there as well and it would have been great to meet up post-race. I hope you were able to rock it out there.

In any case, I think you'll really enjoy being part of this club. There are plenty of resources to improve any aspect of your tri repertoire and the members are awesome.

-Ben

aaronjw12    JOINED: 11/29/12    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 11/30/12 7:24 AM

Ryan: Will do! I'm not new to the area but am transitioning to a new place in Crystal City here pretty quick so I'll definitely be around.

Ben: It was IMAZ! Bib no 1256. First full so I just wanted to go out really conservatively and focus on finishing strong. Swim is a big weakness so working on that. Only averaged ~63% FTP on the bike and still put up a 5:24, so I was happy about that. I think I took in way too much caffeine though as my 910 says I spent almost 30 minutes combined on the toilets during the run. Yikes!

Looking forward to getting sorted out and killing it in Switzerland/Cozumel though.

-Aaron

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 206
POSTED: 11/30/12 8:15 PM

I spent almost 30 minutes combined on the toilets during the run. Yikes!

You're in luck. Our own Tuan offers a seminar entitled "Going While Still Going" You'll set a 30 minute PR and not have to worry about anyone drafting you. It's a win-win.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria