Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Delaware Diamondman
CREATED: 05/04/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 1
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
Delaware Diamondman
POSTED: 5/04/09 12:41 PM

Katie and I are looking for a "local" half-iron race to do this fall.

Has anyone done Diamondman? It might fit our schedule so I'm curious about the course and quality of the race. I'm assuming it's very flat so basically, is it a good race?

-Travis

tozamile's ravatar tozamile    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
RE: Delaware Diamondman
POSTED: 5/04/09 1:14 PM

I did it as my first half. Due to heavy rain the night before they had to cancel the swim. If I remeber correctly, the run from swim finish to transition is pretty far and over gravel roads. The bike course is fast and flat except for a few bridge crossings. There was a lot of drafting going on, but that's probably because there wasn't a swim to break things up. Most of the run is on paved roads, but a decent chunk of it is on a packed dirt tow path along the river. There is no shade and the path is covered in decent sized rocks that made for a very uneven running surface. They started to run out of ice at the aid stations at the far point of the run just as I went by and it was really hot that day. I'd give it a 7 out 10. Other than the ice issue they did a decent job on organization, but the run course sucked.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria