DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Capitol Hill Training Groups
CREATED: 03/15/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 45
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
Capitol Hill Training Groups
POSTED: 3/15/09 8:23 PM

Hi everyone,

We've created these threads to help you get to know who lives in your area and where/when/how fast they are training. Please post and let everyone know when you're working out and hopefully you'll all start forming some neighborhood training groups.

arabolu's ravatar arabolu    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
RE: Capitol Hill Training Groups
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:02 AM

Hello all,
I live in Capitol Hill and work in Arlington. I've been going to the Eastern Market Pool for the swims and running in Capitol Hill/Arlington depending on my schedule. If anyone wants to join me to form a group and work out in the Capitol Hill area that would be great.

- shay

dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 3/16/09 11:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I, too, live in Capitol Hill (by what is now known as the "former Un-Safeway" to be specific). I go to the Eastern Market pool on Monday and Friday mornings. I run around Lincoln Park most other days. (Still working on the bike situation...)

Anyway! I'm certainly game for some different runs and rides (soon, I hope). My only caviat is that that I work on the Hill - and, as a result, my training is subject to certain time constraints (early mornings and evenings).

If you're a Hill staffer like me, or live in the area - I'd love to connect and see if we can work out a consistent schedule of activities in the area - even if it's just once a week.

Feel free to post or contact me directly at DanielNWitt@gmail.com if you're interested.

kkohlo7's ravatar kkohlo7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/16/09 4:54 PM

All,
I am also down to take part in some workouts. I also work and live on the Hill so mornings for me are a bit easier to plan, but I am all for trying to take part whenever we can get together.
Best,
Kevin

dratnip    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 3/16/09 7:15 PM

Hey, guys. I live and work on the Hill, too, and I am hoping to find someone who can train on weekdays -- i.e., during the day.

Lou

POSTED: 3/17/09 10:45 AM

Looks like there's a few of us on the Hill that want to train together.
Do you guys want to start with getting together for the swim ? At least for me, thats the hardest event to get motivated for. So for Tue & Fri maybe we can meet up at the EMP in the mornings ? Let me know your thoughts. I'd be open for evening swims as well but I'd much rather get it out of the way in the morning.

- shay

seleav's ravatar seleav    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 3/17/09 12:02 PM

I am also a NTPer who lives and works on the Hill. I could really use groupd motivation to get in some early morning/pre-work workouts because I'm a sucker for the snooze button when it goes off at 6.30am (as in this morning's run I'd planned)...would love the local accountability! Keep me posted when gets formed: seleav <at> yahoo
Cheers! Stacey

swhiting    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 3/17/09 12:47 PM

Ditto the NTPer, living and working on the Hill. Would love to be a part of these workouts. Prefer mornings.

So Friday at the EM pool? (I'm also game for any runs/rides together too).

Looking forward to it!
Sarah

POSTED: 3/17/09 1:09 PM

Sounds good. I guess we can start with the swims and then add runs/bikes per the group's schedule. I have the same problem with the snooze button, however I will attempt to be at the EM pool at 7:00am this Friday. Does that work for everyone ?

I'm planning on going to the Conte's bike clinic in Bethesda Thursday evening so hopefully wont stay out too long for the happy hour/Karaoke afterwards...

- shay

edgarnett    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/17/09 5:51 PM

I'd also be interested in doing the swims at Eastern Market on Tuesdays and Fridays - just wanted to check that people were meeting at 7 am those days?

You can also reach me at edgarnett<at>gmail

-Ed

kbug's ravatar kbug    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 3/17/09 9:03 PM

Hey all, I also live by Capitol Hill and would be up for morning workouts - for me it needs to be early - I generally go to Eastern Market pool on Tuesdays at 6:30. Would love some running company either mornings or evenings depending on the day.

jacurry's ravatar jacurry    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/17/09 9:51 PM

My roommate and I are both in the NTP program and live on the Hill by Lincoln Park. We're both teachers and hence can't work out in the morning but if anyone ever wants to meet up for a run or a swim in the evenings we're in!

Jen

lucym    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 3/18/09 8:49 AM

Hi,
I plan on going for a bike ride this afternoon (Wednesday) around 5 leaving from Lincoln Park. If you are available for a ride at that time let me know and we can decide upon an exact time and place to meet up.
Lucy

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 3/18/09 10:55 AM

I should be there Friday morning for swimming as well. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

jacurry's ravatar jacurry    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 3/18/09 11:32 AM

I usually can meet at 5 for runs or bike rides but I happen to have a meeting tonight and can't make it for a ride. Any other night should be fine if you want to meet!

POSTED: 3/18/09 11:38 AM

Lucy - I can meet up for the 5pm ride today. Where exactly do you want to meet up and where do you want to ride? This will be my first bike ride btw.

- shay

lucym    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 3/18/09 12:04 PM

Shay,
Why don’t we meet at the statue of Lincoln in the middle of the park at 5. I will bring a DC bike trail map and we can decide together on a ride.

Of course anyone else who can make it is welcome to show up too!

Lucy

POSTED: 3/18/09 2:43 PM

Ok. Never been to Lincoln park but will find the statue. See you then!

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 3/18/09 3:31 PM

Really the only good place to get a weekday ride in is Hains Point or possible the parking lot at RFK. The bike trails in DC can get a bit crowded and in my opinion unsafe for training. I was going to head down from the hill to HP tonight around 5:30 although possibly a bit longer then you guys were looking for 1.5 - 2 hours but would love the company down there.

POSTED: 3/19/09 9:01 AM

Hey guys sorry I couldn't meet up with you yesterday. I had to go get some maintenance done on my bike. Hopefully we'll be able to ride together some other time.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria