DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

NW Training Group
CREATED: 03/15/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 28
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
NW Training Group
POSTED: 3/15/09 8:25 PM

Hi everyone,

We've created these threads to help you get to know who lives in your area and where/when/how fast they are training. Please post and let everyone know when you're working out and hopefully you'll all start forming some neighborhood training groups.

andreaso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
RE: NW Training Group
POSTED: 3/15/09 8:46 PM

Hi,

I live in Shaw on 9th and M Street. Anyone who's interested in meeting up for some work outs...let me know.

cheers,

Andrea

rwsdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/15/09 9:16 PM

I live in dupont near 17 & S. For weekdays, early morning work best for me. Let me know if anyone is interested in running or biking in the morning.

Randy

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:20 AM

Hi NTP pals,

I'm a NW DC-er and I live in the Cathedral area. I'm going to do the PR run this Wednesday at 6:30pm that's posted on the (regular) DC tri calendar. Any other NTP people interested in doing this, too? I'm hoping to make this a regular workout and I hear it's a good group.

As for biking, I am looking to start up a Sunday ride, maybe 20-30 miles along Beach Drive. How does this sound to others as a first one -- this Sunday, March 22 at 10:30, ride out from Tilden parking lot? Email me if you are interested: ashleynellis at yahoo.

-Ashley

Mickey    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/16/09 11:44 AM

I'm at 16th and T NW. Randy, I'm only 2 blocks away. I'm game for run/bike. Where do you swim? I go to marie reed at the moment but the schedule kinda blows for me...

candrews's ravatar candrews    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/16/09 12:47 PM

Hi Ashley - I can't make it this Wednesday, but I'm interested in those PR runs in the future. Maybe you can keep us posted on how it is?

Just a reminder that there's a great Bloomingdale running club that meets Tu/Th 6 AM at 2nd and Rhode Island Ave. NW. We run 3.5 miles or so. And also a reminder that it looks like we'll be doing a 2pm Hains Point bike ride this Saturday.

Thanks!

Catherine
pablohoney@gmail.com

LMR6478's ravatar LMR6478    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 3/16/09 2:53 PM

Hi - Ashley, I live in Cleveland Park, so I could meet up with you for a Sunday ride if you were interested in going in the afternoon. I might also do the PR Wed night runs. I leave on Fri for a week-long vacation, but will be back on the 27th, so maybe we could organize something then.

Thanks
Lara
lara.mccoy1@gmail.com

emsoltis    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 3/16/09 3:37 PM

Hey NWers,
I also go to Marie Reed to swim, and live at 14th & T (Mickey- two blocks further, let me know when you go). I'm still a beginner, but a friend (swimmer) might be helping me out. I would also be interested in a Sunday ride this weekend, although still in the process is bringing my bike out of hibernation. momokosoltis@gmail.com

Peach

mark    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 3/16/09 7:21 PM

i live off tilden in cleveland park and would be interested in sunday bike rides.

may be a little sore sunday though, i am doing the national half on saturday :o

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 3/17/09 9:41 AM

cool, sounds like a sunday ride at 10:30 out of tilden parking lot is shaping up!

cmestre's ravatar cmestre    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 3/17/09 11:48 AM

Hi all,

I live on 13th and N and would love to meet up with folks nearby for workouts. I've been out of town for work the last two weeks and get back this weekend, if anyone is up for a run?

-Cristina (cmestre@gmail.com)

dpalacheck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/18/09 10:37 PM

I live at 7th and D, and would also love to meet up for workouts with other NTPers. I tend to run in the early mornings or late evenings, and am hoping to begin swimming a few mornings each week with the group that swims at the Eastern Market pool.

I look forward to meeting others in the group!

Best,
Deb

yadsko's ravatar yadsko    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 3/19/09 11:28 AM

I live at 14th and N in Logan Circle and would love to meet up with other NTPers in the area. I've been running either in the mornings or early evenings, taking spinning classes at WSC, and swimming once a week over in Eastern Market.

I'm also training for the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler, so if anyone wants to join me for a longer run at a 9-10 minute/mile pace, let me know!

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 5/27/09 10:44 PM

Hi all! I am an NTPer who currently live in NOVA, but I will be moving to Tenleytown next week. I would love to find some others to train with in that general area. Are there any regular workouts set up or is anyone interested in meeting up?

Erin

LMR6478's ravatar LMR6478    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 5/28/09 11:16 AM

Hi Erin - I live in North Cleveland Park...Van Ness...whatever and would be interested in getting together to train. You can email me at lara.mccoy1 at gmail.

Lara

jdchristopher's ravatar jdchristopher    JOINED: 9/22/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 10/01/10 9:37 AM

alright, this is the last time i spam a thread that is over a year old, i swear...

just checking to see what groups of people are training where and when.. i'm new to tri's (introduced myself in another thread)... i'm right near the whole foods at 14 and P NW and am looking to ramp up my training in the next week or so. i'm horrific on a bike, but can run half-way decent and was practically born in the water, so i'd be more than happy to help people with swimming...

i've heard back from some people already and will definitely reach out to anybody that wants to train in the area...

jonwolfsthal's ravatar jonwolfsthal    JOINED: 3/22/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 10/13/10 5:13 PM

i am a returning tri-er. Graduated NTP in 2009 and am returning for nation's in 2011. I live in Glover Park and am hoping to find a few training partners for winter runs and swims at Wilson pool.

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 10/15/10 12:20 PM

I'm game for starting our own training group in da hood. I actually drove by an suv near my house with dctri sticker.
I'm on Cathedral & Idaho so close to most of the folks on this conversation. Let's organize.

jonwolfsthal's ravatar jonwolfsthal    JOINED: 3/22/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 10/15/10 12:40 PM

Perhaps localites interesting in a little NW training can meet up for the 8am Rock Creek Run on Sunday? I am hoping to get in 5.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 10/15/10 1:25 PM

Hey guys,

Just a head's up that many of the regulars won't be at RCP this weekend due to other races going on. Please get a group out there and keep the trails fresh for us for next time! Feel free to take the reigns and post on the Sunday Runs thread to keep things going.

Enjoy!

Travis

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria