DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

NoVA Training Group
CREATED: 03/15/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 81
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1062
NoVA Training Group
POSTED: 3/15/09 8:26 PM

Hi everyone,

We've created these threads to help you get to know who lives in your area and where/when/how fast they are training. Please post and let everyone know when you're working out and hopefully you'll all start forming some neighborhood training groups.

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
RE: NoVA Training Group
POSTED: 3/15/09 10:53 PM

I'm in crystal city -- prefer early morning runs and always looking for someone to join me at the pool or on the bike any time.

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 3/15/09 11:10 PM

Hi there. I live in the Huntington/Alexandria area. I plan on doing my swims at Eastern market and I also run Mon/Tues/Thurs starting at the Smithsonian metro at 6:30pm. When I get a bike I'll start figuring out a training schedule for that too. Let me know if you'd like to coordinate sometime. Rhyne

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 3/16/09 2:25 AM

Greetings from Lorton! (yes, that IS considered NoVA...)
I usually swim at the Ft. Belvoir pool, run at Burke Lake, and bike anywhere (PW forest, Quantico, NW DC) & would be willing to join any slow-er to average speed peeps in the area who want to get together to train.

Mimi :)

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/16/09 7:55 AM

Hey -

I am also in Crystal City. Silver - I could be up for morning runs? What time do you generally work out?

I also swim at the pool at Crystal Sport and Health, generally after work.

I bike/run around the Mount Vernon trial. If anyone is interested in meeting up sometime -let me know.

Rachel

kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 3/16/09 9:18 AM

Mimi,

I live in Woodbridge and would love to have someone to train with. I am a slow to medium runner and am part of the NTP program. I currently swim at Chin Aquatics but can go anywhere.

Kristen

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 3/16/09 9:31 AM

I like Happy Hours. When's our next one?

rowlanbd    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:32 AM

I live in Arlington and will be doing my swims at Washington & Lee High School and running/biking around DC/Arlington area if anyone is interested. I can't workout til 5:30/6 pm during the week.

Brenda
rowlanbd@hotmail.com

POSTED: 3/16/09 10:42 AM

Brenda,

I work in Rosslyn and can work out after 6 pm. I am an beginner - average runner / swimmer. Let me know if you want to get together during the week.

janealonso's ravatar janealonso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 3/16/09 11:32 AM

I live in Alexandria, close to Shirlington and Del Ray...about 15 minute drive from Old Town...I currently swim at Chinquapin pool next to TC Williams High, and I run/bike on the Washington Old Dominion trail (I usually drive to the Columbia Pike entrance and go from there all the way to Route 66).

Would love to know if anyone uses those locations and wants to meet up!

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 3/16/09 1:50 PM

I live in Crystal City. I do not have a pool yet, still looking for one. I prefer daytime and early evening workouts, however I am willing to get up early a couple of times a week. I am fairly new to running so if you are fast you might not want to wait for me. Otherwise I can hold my own. It would be great to meet up, I can be flexible with the schedule.

Lettie

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/16/09 2:02 PM

Hey Lettie - I live in Crystal City as well... well kind of... off of Army/Navy Drive. But I work on Crystal Drive.

Would you be interested in meeting to run next Monday? What level training are you doing...? I am currently working off of the Olympic training plan.

Or if you are interested in biking - we are scheduled for two bikes this weekend. I was considering joing the group for Saturday morning at Haines Point. But I'd also be up for biking in the area if your interested. I have a hybrid bike so I'm not terribly fast.....

Rachel
mcelroy.rachel@gmail.com

POSTED: 3/16/09 2:51 PM

Lettie / Rachel,

I work in Arlington and could join you for running / biking as well. I also have a Hybrid bike so I know where you are coming from. I am a beginner / average runner. My email is kristen.emerson@comcast.net.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 3/16/09 3:06 PM

Oh sorry, just realized this is an NTP group. New forum...

larsencm    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 3/17/09 9:46 AM

Hi Ladies,

I work in Rosslyn, swim in Crystal City, and ride the Mt. Vernon Trail (also on a slow hybrid!). I'm at about the same point in my "running career" as Lettie. I would love to join you for some training dates.

My only limitiation is that I don't normally wrap up at work until 6:30 pm. I'm also open to morning workouts (just not crazy early!).

Look forward to meeting you!

~Candace

lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 3/17/09 9:55 AM

Candace,

The more the merrier, where do you swim in Crystal city. I am in the process of trying out different pools to find the right one. Its seems most people are here swim at the sport and health.

Thanks
Lettie

larsencm    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 3/17/09 10:58 AM

I have a membership at the Sport & Health, so that's where I usually go. It might be worth it for you to join since you're right in the area. Let me know what you decide.

Talk Soon~

Candace

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 3/17/09 6:53 PM

Hi Ryna, Rachel, all --
Silver is really Deb. I'm going for the Olympic distance tri -- big ideas of doing a few races this summer/fall. I volunteered for the Florida Ironman in the fall to see what it's about (anyone else want to come?).

I too belong to Crystal City S & H --- i'm very new to swimming, and have to admit, I did do my first tri last summer -- but doing the Deb stroke -- a cross between the doggy paddle the breast stroke, but really just staying head abve water the whole swim -- really. I think there were 5 people behind me in the water so that was my victory. i had some swim lessons in January so I'm trying to swim the 'real' way. I'm better at having someone to meet at the pool so anytime anyone is headed there, let me know. my direct email: silvercannonca@yahoo.com

In terms of biking -- that, I've a little more skill. Have a road bike, but also a mountain bike, so I'll join on anything. I dont have a lot of bike time during the week because of my job -- rarely can get out before 6 - so wouldn't be ready until 6:30ish, but hey, it's day light saving time. I'm an early morning person and first thing saturday or sunday is always great, but I won't turn down company on something any time of the day.

jenstewey    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/18/09 8:20 AM

Hi Mimi & Kristen,

I live in Burke, but often run at Burke Lake and swim at South Run (close to Burke Lake).. and like you will travel to bike :-) I'm definitely a slow runner (12+ min/mi) and bike ~15mph. My email is jenstewey@gmail.com, so let me know if you'd ever like to meet up!

Jen

scurryandwhirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/18/09 8:37 AM

Hi everyone,
I work in Arlington and would also be interested in meeting after work for a couple workouts. I am training for the Olympic distance as well. I have a road bike that I can travel with. I'm probably considered an average runner... (9-11m/m ish) depending on the distance! Not really a morning person, but I could meet after 6pm during the week and would be willing to meet up for some weekend workouts as well. I've swam at W&L pool but am no longer a county resident and trying to find a pool. Keep me in the loop (scurryandwhirl@gmail.com), I'd love to meet up!

Rebecca

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria