Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

NoVA Training Group
CREATED: 03/15/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 81
kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
RE: NoVA Training Group
POSTED: 3/18/09 9:41 AM

So it looks liek we have a pretty good group forming here. Most of us work or live in Arlington and can meet for workouts after 6 pm during the week and prefer am on the weekends but are flexible.

So we have
Rachel
Deb
Lettie
Candace
Jen
Rebecca
Kristen

Swim
It looks like for the most part we are either members of the S&H in Arlington or looking for a pool so I think I will look into a membership there so I can swim with you guys. I get off of work at 6pm and can be there are ready by 6:30. I plan to stick to the schedule as much as possible.

Run
I did a run last Monday with an NTPer starting at Iwo Jima that was a good run. Is there a place that you guys usually run that is convenient for everyone that we can agree on?

Bike
Sat. - Rachel and I are biking on Sat morning 9:30 am if anyone would like to join. Although I work in Rosslyn I live in Woodbridge and will be driving in from there. Jen I know you live in Burke so if you need a ride I have a bike rack.

Sun - Candace and I are planning a ride for Sunday morning 9am ish if anyone would like to join. Again Jen I can pick you up if needed.

I look forward to meeting and working out with all of you. Let me know if you have any ideas / suggestions.

rowlanbd    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 3/18/09 11:23 AM

I would like to join in on some bike rides but not this weekend b/c I have committments during both mornings. I am an 8 min/mile running pace so if anyone ever wants to meet up for a run - let me know too.

Brenda

scurryandwhirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/18/09 2:33 PM

For the run, I'd even suggest Roosevelt Island as a starting point - though thats close to Iwo Jima too.

Saturday I'm volunteering for the National Marathon and then Sunday I noticed they posted a NTP group run at Hains Point at 8am. I'd be even willing to bring my bike to ride after the run if anyone is interested in that. - Rebecca

POSTED: 3/18/09 3:05 PM

Roosevelt Island works for me. I am flexible for whatever. This si the first I have heard of the run. i am up for the run and then a bike ride. I have never done both together at this point so dont know what to expect.

So our next run is Monday on the schedule. Are you guys up for a group run?? I think we have a good mix of levels for everyone.

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 3/18/09 6:20 PM

Hi fellow NoVA residents! So I just tried to catch up on all of the forum postings, but I am sure there is something I am missing. I am interested in meeting up for the bike ride Sat. morning! Have you chosen a meeting spot?

dbkincaid    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/18/09 9:43 PM

Hi Guys.... want to introduce myself as a NOVA NTPer. I live in Rosslyn right on the Custis Trail, swim at W&L, bike all over, and run on Roosevelt and C&O. This week doesn't work for me, but would love to get together next week.

David

POSTED: 3/18/09 11:46 PM

elove524

Absolutley you can join us on Sat for the bike ride. I dont remember where Rachel suggested meeting. I will find out and post the place and time as soon as i have it pinned down.

Kristen

palomine84    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 3/19/09 8:05 AM

Hey all -

So much activity - how great!

As far as the Saturday morning bike - how is 9:30am at Roosevelt Island. We can bike toward Reagan/Alexandria on the Mount Vernon Trail and avoid the marathon madness.

Does that work for folks?

I'll be swimming today (Thursday, March 19) at S&H right at five if anyone is around. I mixed up my workout plan a bit this week and ended up with two swims back to back - oops, so I might be swimming tomorrow morning at 6:15am too if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested for joining in on the group run from Iwo Jima too if your having another one on Monday the 23rd!

Happy training:)

POSTED: 3/19/09 2:39 PM

Roosevelt Island at 9:30 sat sounds great. Anyone interested in goining us please let us know so that we know to wait for you.

I am going to try to set up another run on Monday at Iwo Jima as well. I will probably post it on its own thread so others see it.

POSTED: 3/19/09 4:27 PM

I am in for the Saturday morning ride! See you all then. Erin

POSTED: 3/20/09 4:30 PM

Sorry to bail. Something came up and I am not going to be able to make it tomorrow after all. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you all soon. Erin

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 3/29/09 7:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there was a list of Arlington folks that were going to work out together. Could you please add me to that list and keep me in the loop about your activity?

I am interested in meeting up for runs and bikes in Northern Virginia before or after work. I am training for the sprint triathlon. My e-mail address is labellejournee@yahoo.com

Thanks I hope to connect with you all soon.

Jennifer

psuangela    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 3/31/09 8:08 AM

HI guys- I live in Arlington and would like to meet up for workouts if possible. Could you add me to your list. My e-mail is aochipinti@gmail.com.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you all.

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/31/09 11:40 AM

I'm in Arlington too, and would love to link up for workouts when they happen. If there is an email list outside of the forum (?) then please add me - my email is ida.rademacher@gmail.com

I especially am looking forward to biking and swimming group workouts.

I am eyeing the Conte's hill workouts scheduled to begin on Tuesday nights in mid-April. I also run with the Potomac Running ladies night runs on Thursday nights if anyone feels like joining me.

Here's the info about the hill workouts...
http://contebikes.com/page.cfm?pageID=401
I'll give a shout when I hear the exact day they start up this year. Think I also read someplace that DC Tri will host rides out of Conte's on Monday nights, but that isn't on their web site.

~ida
Weekly SavageMan Bike Hill Workout +
BBQ hosted by Conte's and Teamz

SavageMan Triathlon, in conjunction with Conte's and TeamZ, will host the Weekly SavageMan Hill Workout every Tuesday night starting at 6:30 from Conte's Arlington, VA store.

The ride will leave Conte's at 6:30pm and head to the Custis Trail for a short warmup. The hill workout will take place on the hilly roads and neighborhoods between the Key Bridge and Chain Bridge. There are three hill routes riders can pick and choose from.

POSTED: 3/31/09 1:08 PM

Hey Northern Va group. This is Kristen. I am trying to get together a name and email list of everyone in the group so far. That way if there are any last minute changes or additions to our meetups I can shoot everyone an email. Can you please post your name and email here and I will make sure everyone is added to our email distro list. Some of you I already have but I dont want anyone to get missed.

Thanks!

rowlanbd    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 3/31/09 1:23 PM

Can you add me to the list as well :)

rowlanbd@hotmail.com

Thanks,
brenda

caseycreech's ravatar caseycreech    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 37
POSTED: 3/31/09 2:19 PM

This month's DC Tri Club northern VA Happy Hour will be at Liberty Tavern in Clarendon starting at 6:30 on April 1st.

With e-mail not yet working on the New DC Tri Club website, as the coordinator I thought I'd stack the deck by sending out my own personal invite. Feel free to pass this on and come to the best bar in Northern VA, it's even smoke free. Bring your best pranks, it is April Fool's Day and a special day, where Virginia is letting non-Virginian's cross the border.

Liberty Tavern: 3195 Wilson boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22201
(phone) 703.465.9360

See ya'll there!

BamBam04    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 3/31/09 3:57 PM

Please add me to the Northern VA Training group list!

My email is Tammy.Lewin@gmail.com

Thanks!
Looking forward to meeting you all.

-Tammy

POSTED: 3/31/09 4:10 PM

Add me to the list; ellove@gwu.edu. Thanks!

Erin Love

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 3/31/09 4:33 PM

Thanks, please add me too!

ida.rademacher@gmail.com

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria