jerrys's ravatar jerrys    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
RE: NoVA Training Group
POSTED: 4/04/09 8:07 PM

Add me to the list also- I'm in Arlington. thanks
Jerry jsemasek@alumni.temple.edu

dbkincaid    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 4/06/09 10:36 PM

Anyone up for some early morning runs this week? (week of April 6th) I'm in Rosslyn and prefer to train before going to work. Let me know.

David

kemerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
POSTED: 4/07/09 9:23 AM

How are you guys handling your bike workouts during the week?

steph_430    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 33
POSTED: 4/07/09 9:32 AM

Yes, the bike rides will be challenging, fitting them in during the week. i have been wondering how that would work because it has been fairly easy to run during the week and going to the pool after work hasn't been so hard, but doing the biking seems much more difficult and logistically challenging. I work in Arlington near the Custis trail/W&OD trail - so today I drove my husband's truck to work with my bike in it, and brought my bike and clothes to work and plan on biking after work. If it goes well then I will do this for all of the Tuesday bike rides in April. If anyone would like to join me you are more than welcome and maybe we could arrange somehow that I could bring your bike to work in his truck. Just let me know - I'm sure we could work something out. That Custis trail is a real killer, though! I think we are also supposed to bike on Thursdays but I should be able to move those around to some of my off Fridays (I work for the govt and am off every other Friday).

POSTED: 4/07/09 9:43 AM

Yeah that is what I am going to have to do. I work in Arlington but live in Woodbridge so by the time I get home it is starting to get dark already. Count me in to join you ont he next one. I dont have my bike today. I am not sure where that trail is though. I work in Rosslyn near the Rosevelt trail.

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 4/07/09 4:17 PM

I can meet you for some rides on Thrusdays. Steph, where is the exact location in Arlington? I usually start at the W&OD trail in Colombia Pike. is this the location where you start?

POSTED: 4/07/09 4:25 PM

My office is in Ballston, so I get on the trail off of George Mason Drive. I will not be riding this Thursday but for next Tues or Thurs, I'm ready to go!

I am dreading riding today after work - it is so chilly and windy out there. We are such troopers!

alstrigal    JOINED: 4/1/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/07/09 4:29 PM

amacos and Steph,
I'd like to join you guys on your Tuesday rides. I'm not exactly sure where the W&OD trail meets George Mason Drive, but I'm sure its somewhere between 4 mile run and Colombia Pike. What time would you like to start next Thursday? I could make it by 6:30.

alstrigal    JOINED: 4/1/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 4/07/09 4:30 PM

amacos and Steph,

Ooops I meant next Tuesday not Thursday. Sorry, Lyndsie

POSTED: 4/07/09 4:32 PM

Im in for the Tuesday Thursday biek as well. I get off at 6pm in Rosslyn so I should be able to make it by 6:30. I have no idea where that trail is though so you will have to send a map or something. Are you on the email distro list?

POSTED: 4/07/09 4:33 PM

Hi!

Anyone is welcome to come to my office and we can go from there. Next Tuesday, April 14th at 6:30 - we're set! I work until 5:30 so if we can say 6 or 6;15 that would be great, but I don't mind keeping myself busy until 6:30.

Email me at stephanieroth1 at yahoo[dot]com and I'll let you know how to get here. Parking should not be an issue at all, after hours there should be plenty of spots.

see anyone then!
steph

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 4/07/09 4:36 PM

Hi, this is Adriana (amacos). Next Tuesday sounds perfect. We just need to identify a landmark where we can meet on Columbia Pike. My e-mail is amacos@gmail.com. Since the forum is open to the public (everyone on the net), perhaps we should talk through e-mail about the meeting place and contact info. This is for our own safety. Cheers! Adriana

POSTED: 4/07/09 4:43 PM

I beleive I already have Lyndsie, Steph and Adriana on the distro list. I will probably send an email to the group to see if any one else is interested in joining. Steph if you can followup with a reply to everyone that has directions to whatever meet up location you think is best that would be great. That way it wont be on the forum.

jerrys's ravatar jerrys    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/07/09 8:49 PM

Steph,
Hi, is the group meeting to swim next Tuesday, the 14th? I did not see a topic at the beginning of this email chain.
Jerry

aspotts    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/07/09 10:00 PM

Swim - I'm going to swim tomorrow morning at W&L from 6-7am if anyone's interested.

Bike - Let me know if anyone's biking thursday evening - if so I'm definitely interested.

Run - I live near Rosslyn if anyone's interested in a morning run, I think someone mentioned AM runs.

Cheers,

Andrew

dbkincaid    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 4/08/09 4:51 PM

Andrew... I live in rosslyn behind the Key Bridge Marriott and prefer to run in the early AM (5:30 or 6 is fine with me)... you can also hit me up at dbkincaid@gmail.

Ciao,
D

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 4/25/09 7:02 AM

Does anybody on here train/swim at the Robert E. Lee Rec center in Alexandria? If so, let me know if you'd like to meet up there for either a bike/ride/swim sometime.
Rhyne

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 4/25/09 6:13 PM

rbenig,

I live about 10 min from there, if that. You should come out to the Tuesday and Thursday rides out at Wakefield at 6:10pm. Let me know if you are interested. I also do long workouts on the weekends. If you are not doing anything tomorrow. I am doing a brick and then working out with the NTP group, riding for an hour, finishing up with another run. Let me know if you are interested.

Mark

rbenig1's ravatar rbenig1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 4/26/09 9:23 PM

Yeah that sounds good. Let's shoot for next Sunday? I usually like to do my training in the AM but I'm sure we can work something out. Just looking for folks close to the are close to the Alexandria/Old Town area to train with. Anybody else interested my email is: rbenig1@yahoo.com

Rhyne

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 4/29/09 3:34 PM

If the email list did happen, please add me too... cmejiag (at) gmail (dot) com

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria