Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Adamo Saddle
CREATED: 05/04/09 by JoeC REPLIES: 1
JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 212
Adamo Saddle
POSTED: 5/04/09 4:09 PM

Ok I love my Adamo saddle but it is making mounting a rear hydration system a problem. The stupid hook for the transition rack blocks the arm from my profile design system. So who has a adamo saddle with an aero seat post and actually has a rear mount? What works? I saw that the quick draw is out from the same company that supposedly works with the adamo. Is that my only option? I am looking to start my 100 mile rides in the next two weeks so 1 bottle is just not going to cut it.

guinness    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
RE: Adamo Saddle
POSTED: 5/04/09 5:18 PM

Joe,
I tried a couple of hydration systems and have been able to make the Carbon XLab work. The mechanics hate putting it on and taking it off (it does take some hand strength), so once it was on, I haven't taken it off again. I just got a new Adamo so I'm going to have to, but it works very well. Do sit on the saddle with the bottles you will use to make sure the angle is okay - true for all rear mounted hydration systems, but particularly true for this one. I would have someone help you to mark the angle, hold it, etc while you're doing it (since I suspect you will put it on yourself). Also, I put the clincher cages on - not sure what they're called; I got them at The Bicycle Place actually - but I've had maybe one ejection in over 3000 miles with it. Not the usual cylinder water cages if you know what I mean. Email me if you need more details.

Anathea

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria