DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Newbie in Eastern Market
CREATED: 11/12/13 by MilkWasABadChoice REPLIES: 2
MilkWasABadChoice's ravatar MilkWasABadChoice    JOINED: 11/12/13    POSTS: 6
Newbie in Eastern Market
POSTED: 11/12/13 3:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just joined today after moving into the District from Arlington and discovering this past season that training alone is neither fun nor productive (if I'm the only one keeping myself accountable, things are not going to go well).

Race history: 2009 Frederick Marathon, (law school ruins everything), 2012 Gold Coast Sprint, 2012 NYC Triathlon, 2013 Rev3 Epic Adventure.

I strained my ACL pretty badly during the adventure race, so I'm working my way back into shape and thought having a little more training structure and a group of people who don't physically recoil when I tell them I swam in the Hudson would be helpful. Look forward to meeting everyone, and if anyone has any experience with ODSP I'd be interested to hear how it worked out for you.

P.S. My avatar is how I feel about nutrition beyond Skratch Labs and Bonk Breaker bars, so tips there are always helpful, too.

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 132
RE: Newbie in Eastern Market
POSTED: 11/13/13 9:26 AM

Hey, I swam in the Hudson too, though it was not my choice; I fell off my kayak and the water was not "that" revolting. And law school was aite. I don't know of any organized DC Tri group workouts by Eastern Market, but I know there's quite a few folks who go to the pool there and you will see them with DC Tri water bottles. Whenever I'm not out of town for the weekend, I also try to do a B/B+ ride with the DC Tri Saturday morning ride that starts at Capitol Hill and then makes a quick sotp in Georgetown to pick up folks before heading north. Everyone is much faster (A/A- pace) and I usually end up by myself or with my buddy after the first few miles.

You should come out to the upcoming non-workout related events to meet folks like happy hour, the kona viewing, etc. Also, workout wise, there's scheduled group workouts on the home page and double check that it's happening before you go though. Anyway, welcome to DC Tri.

MilkWasABadChoice's ravatar MilkWasABadChoice    JOINED: 11/12/13    POSTS: 6
RE: Newbie in Eastern Market
POSTED: 11/14/13 10:14 AM

Thanks for the response and the heads up about the Saturday morning rides, and I'm going to start going to the pool once I get my DC license since it's across the street from me. I was all set to go to the Kona viewing on Saturday, then remembered that I have an early Thanksgiving dinner with college friends. But I am planning to do the off-season spin program to help get my legs back under me, so that should help.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'm sure I'll see you on a Saturday ride at some point (I'll be the one at the back).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria