Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Half Ironman Austin 2011
CREATED: 03/31/11 by emiline REPLIES: 1
emiline's ravatar emiline    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 7
Half Ironman Austin 2011
POSTED: 3/31/11 11:18 PM

I just signed up for this race. It's on Oct. 23rd. I would love to know if anyone else has done this one or is planning to do it this year. Training partners/advice welcome!

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1334
RE: Half Ironman Austin 2011
POSTED: 4/01/11 8:15 AM

Ride hills

Run in heat. They have a run portion called "Quadzilla" ... it's more hype than beast. There are a couple of other hills that they don't advertise that are a bit of a challenge on the second loop.

Pump your tires to race pressure the morning of the race not the day before. The year that I did it, it was hot. You could hear a lot of tires poping in the transition the day before prior. The day of the race, I have never seen so many flats out on the road than at this race. This race is also two weeks later than when I did it so the heat might not be as intense but it's Texas and it's hot.

Don't be surprised if the swim becomes non wetsuit since there is a power plant at that lake that helps mother nature warms the lake up even more. Two years ago when I did it, the water temperature miraculously dropped from 88 to 78 degrees in one week which made it wetsuit legal.

It is very well run. Austin is a beautiful city.

Tuan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria