Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bethesda Tri 4/19
CREATED: 03/16/09 by barbara REPLIES: 5
barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
Bethesda Tri 4/19
POSTED: 3/16/09 10:38 AM

I'm thinking of doing this race -- is anyone else? It benefits autism. Note that it is April 19 at 7 am -- which is the day after the SC Tri Columbia brick-nic.

For more information about the Bethesda Tri (in its 9th year):
http://events.autismspeaks.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=301241&lis=1&kntae301241=CA8C3B56335D45AD82F2D5910E874B9A
It's a short sprint (250 m swim/9.3 mile bike/2.5 mile run) on the campus of Georgetown Prep (near White Flint mall). If anyone is interested in forming a team, I'd be up for that (although I have never done it before and am not sure how to do it -- is it just pick a name and show up? There's a team option at registration ($75 or $200 for premium registration).

If interested, you can contact me directly at:
barbara.fichman@verizon.net

Barbara

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Bethesda Tri 4/19
POSTED: 3/17/09 12:01 AM

I did the Bethesda CAN Tri back when it was at the Y. Great tune-up or training brick at the beginning of the season. Downside is it is in Bethesda, was on a Saturday and packet pickup was on Friday. Hi -- rush hour traffic. It's also way pricey for a super sprint (but benefits Autism). Wait for summer and do a DC Tri sprint for $5.

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 3/17/09 8:53 AM

You're right about the price! DC training tri's are a better deal for sure. :) I live in Bethesda & my kid's an Asperger's kid, so that no doubt affects my view of the Bethesda tri. I might do it as a relay with a couple of friends, but if anyone wants to form a DC tri-esque team, despite the risk of having to say "hello rush hour," let me know. (I will throw in a tour of my exotic native lands -- White Flint safari!)

I've never been in the pool at Georgetown Prep, but the grounds are tree-lined and extensive (almost like "countryside" if you squint) so at least the run should be nice. The bike is along busy roads; don't know if a lane will be dedicated to it.

Barbara

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 3/17/09 10:20 AM

Grosvenor and Whiteflint metros are closeby, so don't let that discourage you.

mickelle's ravatar mickelle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 3/18/09 1:04 PM

Barbara, I'm thinking about this one too. Let me know if you register and want to do the "team" thing.

scott01's ravatar scott01    JOINED: 3/6/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/19/09 10:09 PM

it's a great race for newbies (it was my first tri). it's close, and cheap. good way to get the kinks out.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria