Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Swimming at Chinquapin Pool in Alexandria
CREATED: 03/16/09 by janealonso REPLIES: 38
janealonso's ravatar janealonso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
Swimming at Chinquapin Pool in Alexandria
POSTED: 3/16/09 11:28 AM

Hi, my name is Jane, and I live in Alexandria close to Shirlington and Del Ray. I usually swim at Chinquapin pool next to TS Williams High School. Anyone interested in creating a swim schedule at that location?

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: Swimming at Chinquapin Pool in Alexandria
POSTED: 3/16/09 12:17 PM

I swim at Chinquapin, but normally during the day when the pool is less crowded. Contact me if you're interested.

tammy_l_farmer@hotmail.com

scurryandwhirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 3/18/09 8:44 AM

Hi Jane, I work in Shirlington and could meet up to swim at Chinquapin after work. Let me know! scurryandwhirl@gmail.com

Rebecca

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 3/23/09 4:19 PM

Hi All,

I swim at Chinquipan in Alexandria as well. I usually go in the evenings after work. Let's coodinate and meet this week (03.23.09)? When do you usually go? my e-mail is amacos@gmail.com

POSTED: 3/25/09 10:04 AM

I am headed over to Chiquapin around 10:30 am today for a swim. Join me? I'll probably do a warm up, 8x500 with 30 seconds rest in between, then a cool down.

Jane, I accidently deleted your email so I am posting here and hope you'll see it.

tammy_l_farmer@hotmail.com

POSTED: 3/25/09 10:20 AM

Hi Tammy, I'm at work :( But I would love to go!! I will be there tonight at 8pm. I also swim at Bally Fitness Center in Landmark. We can also meet there one day. My e-mail is amacos@gmail.com. Take care, Adriana

POSTED: 3/25/09 2:55 PM

Hi everyone!

Tammy -- Sorry I wasn't able to meet you today at the pool. I did my swimming yesterday morning, and I was out of the house by the time you emailed today.

Well, it looks like we have a little quorum of folks that swim at Chinquapin. Perhaps we should all meet there some day soon so we can at least put names with faces?

Like Tammy, I usually swim during the day (being unemployed at the moment), usually Mondays or Tuesdays in the late morning/early afternoon, but I need to fit another swim session into the week. If it works out for Rebecca and Adriana, I could swing an early evening swim (like in the 5-6 pm range) on some other days, like Wed or Thursday.

Jane

POSTED: 3/26/09 12:11 AM

Hi!, I agree we should meet soon. The plan sounds perfect. Can anyone swim tomorrow at 6:15pm? Then after the swim we can go for a short run?
Cheers! Adriana

POSTED: 3/26/09 10:13 AM

I can't swim Thursday night - have dinner plans with an out of town friend. But I may stop by to meet everyone. I am 5'8", long reddish-blonde hair, 35 years old.

I'll head over to the pool sometime during the day on Thursday and do an easy, long swim. When I am Chinquapin, I usually tote my DC Tri Club waterbottle around so feel free to introduce yourself. And I wear a red swim cap.

Happy laps!

Tammy

POSTED: 3/26/09 10:33 AM

Hi Adriana,

I am having a friend over to dinner tonight at 7 pm, so I would need to swim earlier than 6:15 to get home to shower and be ready in time for her arrival. I think I would need to be in the pool not later than about 5:30 pm...Not sure if that is a possibility for you?

Jane

POSTED: 3/26/09 1:45 PM

Hi Jane,

I will not be able to make it today at 5:30pm :( but we can try next week? Maybe on Tuesday or Thursday? Tomorrow, I will be driving down to Richmond with a Team of High Clouders for the Ukrops 10k. My e-mail is amacos@gmail.com. Can;t wait to meet everyone, Tammy, Jane, Rebecca! Take care, Adriana

tmdb57    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/27/09 9:19 AM

I'd like to join a group that meets at Chinquapin too! I am planning on going there tonight after work. I don't swim well--currently do the breaststroke but am getting a workout in, and looking forward to re-learning freestyle. Thanks Tina (tmdb57@gmail.com)

POSTED: 3/30/09 2:46 PM

I'll be swimming at Chinquapin on Tuesday (3/31) at a yet to be determined time. Anyone want to get together? Looks like the pool will be crowded after 5 pm with water aerobics, swim lessons and the Marlins taking up most of the lanes. Perhaps a morning or late lunch swim?

http://www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/recreation/info/RixseSchedule.pdf

berlz13's ravatar berlz13    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 3/30/09 3:07 PM

I coach the Marlins at Chinquapin and I agree the pool is really crowded on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5-7:30, but as an FYI we are on spring break for the next 2 weeks (till April 13) so I would think it might be a bit better in the evenings!

have a great swim!

POSTED: 3/31/09 8:22 AM

Hi!

I am up for a late morning or early afternoon swim today at Chinquapin. When are you thinking of heading over there? I can go anytime up until 3 pm.

Jane

POSTED: 3/31/09 9:36 AM

Does 1 pm work?

POSTED: 3/31/09 9:38 AM

Sure does. See you there. I'm blonde 5'3" with a purple and navy swimsuit, silver cap.

tmdb57    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 3/31/09 9:45 AM

Wish I could join you two; I'll be there after 3.
Have fun!

POSTED: 3/31/09 9:51 AM

I am 5'8", long reddish-blonde hair, ghostly white, blue patterned suit with a red cap. And I'll have a DC Tri Club waterbottle. If you need to change the time, call me. 202-302-3136.

POSTED: 3/31/09 8:36 PM

Jane - there's an NTP swim clinic on 4/5 at 9:00 with Sarah Thorpe. Jump on it before it fills up! Go to the NTP forum site and look for the posting.

Great to meet you today!

Tammy

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria