Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Swimming at Chinquapin Pool in Alexandria
CREATED: 03/16/09 by janealonso REPLIES: 38
janealonso's ravatar janealonso    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
RE: Swimming at Chinquapin Pool in Alexandria
POSTED: 4/01/09 9:04 AM

Hi Tammy -- I did see that (that was the weekend clinic I had mentioned to you yesterday) and signed up! Good to meet you yesterday too, and thanks for the tips to improve my swimming....it was really helpful and I used the advice to practice for my last few laps.

I'll be swimming again at Chinquapin next Tuesday during the day, so maybe we can meet up again.

Jane

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 4/01/09 11:25 AM

Hey! Thought I would jump in on this discussion as well! I sometimes swim at Chinquapin during the day as well. Usually late morning/early afternoon. I'm heading over there today around 2:45/3:00. I am 5'7", brown hair, black jammer swimsuit with blue stripes...I'll bring my DC tri water bottle so say hello if you are over there!

POSTED: 4/08/09 8:25 AM

Hi all!

Anyone do the swim clinic last weekend? I thought it was great! Really a lot of fun, and I learned some great tips.

Anyone interested in heading over to the pool today to practice some of the drills? I was thinking of going this morning, since I have a 3 pm appointment today. Tonight, I am going to join the NoVa group for their bike at Iwo Jima. That will be my first outdoor ride in a few years since I have been doing only spin classes!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in swimming this week, let's chat. I'll need to do another swim sometime later in the week too (doesn't have to be in the morning). Might be worth checking out the Sunday evening clinic at American too.

Cheers,

Jane

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 4/08/09 8:36 AM

I need to get in a long swim today (about 4000 meters). I need to get some work done and then I can head over to the pool.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 4/08/09 9:45 AM

I regularly swim at Chinquapin (Wed-Fri-Sun). I have a DC Tri cap on usually. I have a swim coach who used to coach for the Potomac Marlins set up my swim training on a weekly basis and I pay him a monthly fee. He moved to Boston, but comes down periodically to do one on one coaching. He is excellent. The workout consists of warm-up, drills, distance & speed work and cool down. If anyone is interested in setting up a personal progam - contact Peter Sczupak - email: petersczupak@earthlink.net .

See you at Chinq -

PS. Has anyone noticed how hot and steamy the water is at Chinq these days - Highs of 84F+ - Water Aerobics has taken over!

POSTED: 4/08/09 12:54 PM

Yeah, I have noticed the water temp is warm....I figure it's probably because they haven't shut down their winter heater yet.

I am going to head over right now in case anyone else is planning to go today.

I'm in a blue and purple suit with silver swim cap.

POSTED: 4/08/09 1:03 PM

I'll be there between 1:15 and 1:30 pm. Blue patterned suit, red swim cap, DC Tri Club waterbottle. I plan to warm-up, 4 x 1000s, cooldown.

POSTED: 4/10/09 9:46 AM

Anyone swimming today? I am heading over at a yet to be determined time for a quick swim. Blue pattered suit, red cap, DC Tri Club waterbottle (assuming I remember to bring it this time).

POSTED: 4/10/09 9:48 AM

Not today -- I am running today.

Have fun!

POSTED: 4/10/09 9:53 AM

Swam this morning with the retirees at 6am. I was accused of asphixiated the whirlpool lady at the pool (water walker). She came up to me and told me "to reconsider my shampoo as not everyone likes perfume. You asphixiated me." It likely was not my organic swim shampoo from Whole Foods was the cause of her asphixiation. She's retired. Why is she taking up a whole lane water whirlpooling at 6am anyway.

POSTED: 4/10/09 11:12 AM

That sounds incredibly rude! How in the world could she smell anything with all that chlorine in the water?

POSTED: 4/10/09 11:29 AM

Well - humor at o'dark 30 - I wish I could write a book - or at least a cartoon series of what I see at the pool.

POSTED: 4/20/09 9:49 AM

Anyone swimming today (Monday, 4/20)?

POSTED: 4/20/09 10:08 AM

I need to, but I was thinking about going to the 6:30 pm Catholic U swim tonight to check it out. Are you interested in going?

POSTED: 4/20/09 10:20 AM

I don't think the CUA session would be helpful to me since I went to a clinic a couple weeks ago and had my problems diagnosed. I need to get in the pool and grind out laps, changing my focus every 500 meters.

POSTED: 4/20/09 11:35 AM

I am going to head over to CUA around 5:45-6 pm....leaving from the Alexandria/Shirlington/Del Ray area in case anyone would like a ride to join me.

POSTED: 5/11/09 11:20 AM

Anybody interested in meeting up at Chinquapin for swimming today?

POSTED: 5/11/09 11:21 AM

When?

POSTED: 5/11/09 11:27 AM

I'm open -- thinking sometime this afternoon.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria