DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Which gear do we buy
CREATED: 03/16/09 by lettieg REPLIES: 2
lettieg    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
Which gear do we buy
POSTED: 3/16/09 2:23 PM

Hello all,

I went to Contes to try on the tri gear but now when I look in the shop on this site I can't figure out what is what. Can any one help provide some insight on what top and shorts I'm suppose to buy?

Thanks
Lettie

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
RE: Which gear do we buy
POSTED: 3/16/09 3:19 PM

Hello Lettie,
Our basic uniform is:
SUGOI Rush Tank
SUGOI RS Tri Short

The Hincapie products are biking products. The swim cap is a decent add for finding people at pools. The sports bra is new and I have no comment there.

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: Which gear do we buy
POSTED: 3/16/09 3:37 PM

Simon,

We're triathletes - you know the real answer is 'all of it'.

But more seriously, Lettie, the Sugoi products are most likely what you would race in. A tri short has a smaller pad than you would find in a biking short, allowing you to swim and run in the same shorts that you bike in while still having some padding for the ride. As you noticed when you tried them on, the top is more close fitting than a standard running or cycling top. Also, the fabric won't hold as much water and will dry more quickly so that the swim/bike transition can be more comfortable.

As for the sports bra, while I know a bit more about those than Simon, whether you get one or wear another style is up to you. However, you are going to want to consider how the ones you have usually been wearing will hold up in the water. I know some of mine would just turn in to big sponges if I tried to swim in them. Or, considering the size of my chest - teeny tiny sponges.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria