DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Gallery Place Training
CREATED: 01/06/14 by bclapp REPLIES: 4
bclapp    JOINED: 2/2/11    POSTS: 8
Gallery Place Training
POSTED: 1/06/14 8:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a training partner for the mornings or evenings in the Chinatown or U Street area. I like to workout based around Vida in Chinatown or by Solly's on U street. I'm (barely) a clydesdale training for my first Half-Iron in June. Any interested folks or recommendations on training groups?

Thanks
Ben

CWalsh's ravatar CWalsh    JOINED: 1/15/14    POSTS: 6
RE: Gallery Place Training
POSTED: 2/17/14 6:21 PM

Hey,

Did you ever find anyone, Ben? I'm in Chinatown and training for my first tri. Would like to find a few people to run with!

Any NTPers around??

Carolyn

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 2/17/14 9:00 PM

Hi Ben and Carolyn. I work 2 blocks north of the Gallery Place metro, and run at lunch a few times a week around the mall when the weather gets a bit warmer. Unfortunately the early/late workouts downtown don't work for me but email me at hamburger1971 at hotmail dot com if you're interested in lunch runs when it warms up a little.

I'm also Clydesdale-ish (currently borderline under the new rules), my first race this year is Kinetic Half in May but I pretty much keep at it through the fall.

Jeff

bclapp    JOINED: 2/2/11    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 2/18/14 7:59 AM

As its getting warmer, I am excited to start running outside. Definitely looking for some running partners and to get my speed back down to a good (clydesdale) pace (8:00-8:30).

I could do lunch-time run tomorrow, then the rest of the week is a wash. But could put something in the books next week. What're your guys' thoughts?

Ben

CWalsh's ravatar CWalsh    JOINED: 1/15/14    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 2/18/14 5:42 PM

I live in Chinatown but work up in Tenleytown, so lunch runs won't work for me. I'm also a bit slower.. 9:30 pace. Oh well, if you ever want to go on a slower paced evening or super early morning(5:45am) run, let me know! :)
Carolyn

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria