Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Good bike routes from Sandy Point??
CREATED: 07/18/12 by Pescalita REPLIES: 3
Pescalita    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 27
Good bike routes from Sandy Point??
POSTED: 7/18/12 1:06 PM

A few of us are heading to Sandy Point early Sat. AM for a swim/bike brick. Anybody have any good, tried and true routes for the bike? If anybody is interested in joining- plan is to be in the water by 7AM. I have space for one more plus bike if need a lift.
Jen

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
RE: Good bike routes from Sandy Point??
POSTED: 7/18/12 2:30 PM

When you leave the park, cross over rte. 50 and follow Whitehall Road to rte. 179. This will take you to Annapolis. I sent you a message and can follow that up with course maps.

Hugh

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 7/18/12 9:46 PM

Pesky Pescalita: I like taking the service road west south of and paralleling 50W, then St. Margaret's Rd south, then turning north on the shoulder of Rte 2 just before the bridge into Annapolis. Then come back to Sandy Pt. via College Parkway, before picking up the service road east North of 50W back to Sandy Pt. That's the route we've often done for NTP bricknics. Be careful on the shoulder.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
POSTED: 7/19/12 10:16 AM

Actually, you can connect with the south part of the B&A Trail which is just below rte. 50. There is a little parking lot near it. I would be cautious of riding on any part of rte 2. Trust me, those people are crazy drivers and are not bike friendly.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria