Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anywhere to swim on snow day?
CREATED: 01/21/14 by cclark1025 REPLIES: 4
cclark1025's ravatar cclark1025    JOINED: 3/12/12    POSTS: 43
Anywhere to swim on snow day?
POSTED: 1/21/14 7:44 AM

I assume all the DC public pools are closed for this snow I haven't seen yet (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

Does anyone know of other pools in the DC area where I can get a swim in today or tomorrow if things are still closed?

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 271
RE: Anywhere to swim on snow day?
POSTED: 1/21/14 9:21 AM

Arlington pools are open, for the moment. They haven't announced any plans to close, especially since it's not snowing at all yet.

fets's ravatar fets    JOINED: 8/15/13    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 1/21/14 9:59 AM

I swim at Xsport fitness, and they rarely close (but you have to be a member and guest passes do not include the pool).

I would call the rec centers/schools (I do not know about GW, but GM lets you purchase passes and their competition pool is lovely). With a little luck, winter swim practice will be cancelled and you'll have a nice big pool all to yourself.

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 75
POSTED: 1/21/14 10:42 AM

Update for the Arlington pools:
------------------------------
Due to the inclement weather moving into our area, the three Arlington pools will be CLOSED for the rest of today, Tuesday, January 21. There will be no midday or evening swim.

Please check our website or recorded message at 703-228-6263 after 8 PM this evening for an update on tomorrow's schedule.
------------------------------

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 1/21/14 7:08 PM

I swam in am at Chinq:)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria