Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

chain cleaning boxes
CREATED: 06/24/09 by jiml REPLIES: 4
jiml's ravatar jiml    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
chain cleaning boxes
POSTED: 6/24/09 9:38 AM

Are chain cleaning boxes actually worth it, or are a brush and a rag just as good? What's the best one to buy? Thanks!

Jim

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 456
RE: chain cleaning boxes
POSTED: 6/24/09 11:16 AM

I have one and it does not work very well. I now use a Wippermann chain with a quick-disconnect link. Makes cleaning the chain very easy.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 6/25/09 11:30 AM

i have the park tools one

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=5&item=CG-2

i just got the chain machine box thing and got some simple green from home depot, much cheaper than "bicycle" chain cleaner stuff.

the product works very well, just fill it up put it on, and run the chain backwards a few times, take it off, and wipe off the chain, wait about 10 mintues, relube it, wipe off chain and your chain is literally as clean as new if not cleaner.

the brush and rag thing works too, but it takes longer and is definitely messier.

vikki's ravatar vikki    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 6/25/09 11:51 AM

i have a chain box i've never used and am happy to donate to someone if they want to figure it out!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/20/09 1:02 AM

vikki, i'll take the chain cleaner box you have, my crapped out on me this weekend after a few years. tell me how to get in touch with you. thanks.

justin

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria