Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sorry Lance
CREATED: 06/13/12 by nomisdc REPLIES: 5
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
Sorry Lance
POSTED: 6/13/12 6:50 PM

It was good to have you in our sport, if just for a bit.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303734204577464882123553256.html

The World Triathlon Corporation said it had been notified that USADA initiated its case against Mr. Armstrong to determine if there is sufficient evidence of doping during his cycling career to bring forward charges. Its rules say an athlete is ineligible to compete during an open investigation. Mr. Armstrong "is therefore suspended" from competing in WTC races "pending further review," the WTC said in a statement.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1298
RE: Sorry Lance
POSTED: 6/14/12 6:27 AM

On behalf of the PeasantMan War Council (PWC), I would like to extend a pro card and a complementary slot to Mr. Armstrong. At PWC, we do not recognize the USADA, UCI, USAT, WTC, nor WADA. However, for the sake of full disclosure, there is a CIA mole among our ranks. I'm pretty sure it's Ed Moser, but will not resort to mud slinging and unsubstantiated rumors.

Tuan

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 6/14/12 7:45 AM

Not to weigh in on guilt or innocence, but it is ridiculous that they are bringing charges for racing as far back as 1998. If they had enforced the rules then, I could see. There has to be some type of statute of limitations to bring charges on doping. The evidence has long since disappeared and doesn't allow the accused to mount an adequate defense.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1752
POSTED: 6/14/12 8:09 AM

With the country broke, why do the feds waste our money on doping inquiries? Let the various sports police themselves. And let the great champion race!

(Not quite full disclosure: tho I may or may not work for the CIA, I just finished a book proposal on Lance & triathlon, now apparently heading for my Agency's burn bag.)

Btw, does the ban extend to non-"IM" races, such as ChesapeakeMan, or their equivalent elsewhere? (If not, invite Lance to CM here in our own back yard, perhaps touting it as a cancer fundraiser?)

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 428
POSTED: 6/14/12 8:30 AM

Here's the direct link to the letter USADA sent Lance. Seems to be based solely on testimonies...
http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/armstrongcharging0613.pdf

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1752
POSTED: 8/24/12 3:03 PM

News item: Lance stripped of titles.

Ban the USADA, giving half the savings to cancer research, and the other half back to us?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria