DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hello DC Tri. New to Tri. New to Club
CREATED: 06/16/13 by 5311 REPLIES: 5
5311's ravatar 5311    JOINED: 6/3/13    POSTS: 7
Hello DC Tri. New to Tri. New to Club
POSTED: 6/16/13 3:53 PM

Greetings,
I am a long time bike racer gonna see what this tri situation is all about. Signed up for a sprint down in Charlottesville on June 29. Anyone else going? Looking for rides/runs/swims. Training...most of the time. I run pretty good, pedal real fast and...know how to swim.. haha.

Live just South of Old Town Alexandria about a couple blocks from the GW Parkway if folks in this area are looking to get some work in.

See ya'll.

-Paul

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
RE: Hello DC Tri. New to Tri. New to Club
POSTED: 6/16/13 7:57 PM

Hi Paul -

Welcome to the club! C'mon out to our next club-wide this Thursday at Cantina Marina to meet many of your newest training partners.

We keep our club's social and training calendars up to date so if you can't make Thursday's event be sure to keep an eye out for our next event!

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 6/17/13 9:14 AM

Some local OT Alex tips: Good bike shop in Old Town: Wheel Nuts. Open air pool: Cameron St. Indoor pools: Mt. Vernon Rec Ctr, and Chinquapin (latter will close for renovations soon). Open-water swimming: Across Wilson Bridge at National Harbor Thurs eves. Good l/d running group: Potomac Runners, Belle Haven park, Sat morns. And 150+ riders/triathletes roll from Freshbikes Arlington Tues eves.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 6/17/13 9:50 AM

Welcome to the club!

Coincidentally, I'll be in Charlottesville for a wedding the weekend of your sprint. I was planning to ride some of the mountain bike trails but maybe I'll have to check this out....

Cheers,

Travis

POSTED: 6/17/13 3:23 PM

Yeah. I may stay the weekend and take a MTB Sunday as well. If nothing else there is a fun park on the S. side of cville.

POSTED: 6/17/13 3:24 PM

And thanks for the training tips mosered.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria