Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Dean Karnazes at Pacers on Thursday!!
CREATED: 05/29/12 by Luke REPLIES: 9
Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 357
Dean Karnazes at Pacers on Thursday!!
POSTED: 5/29/12 9:28 PM

Ultramarathon Man Dean Karnazes will be at the Pacers Logan Circle run on Thursday night. Last year Karno ran across the country, stopping to teach kids the importance of exercise and healthy eating. Before that, Karno ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. This should be a great opportunity to meet the Ultramarathon Man... and run with him! The run starts at 7pm!

http://www.ultramarathonman.com/web/about/bio.shtml

Maybe we can get Karno to come to the DC Triclub Happy Hour at Cantina Marina afterwards!?! Doubtful... but I'll try!

-Luke

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1745
RE: Dean Karnazes at Pacers on Thursday!!
POSTED: 5/29/12 9:35 PM

And Michael Wardian at Potomac River Running tonight. Too bad MW is heading to South Africa this weekend for a 56 miler, or the two ultra legends may have crossed paths here.

POSTED: 5/30/12 8:34 AM

I think we should promote a "prize fight" between Michael Wardian and Dean Karnazes. 2 Men... 2 Treadmills... Last Man Standing (I mean Running!) Wins! Maybe it could be done as a fundraiser for Back On My Feet or Achieve Kids Triathlon?

-Luke

POSTED: 5/30/12 9:04 AM

And the club could have a competition between new merchant partners--Dominoes, Listrani's, Poppa John's--to see who could first deliver extra-large pepperoni energy pies to these ultrathoners at their treadmills or crossroad destinations in the middle of nowhere.

POSTED: 5/30/12 9:16 AM

What about Luigi's!?! Maybe we should add them to the list! That would pad the competition... even if one of the other drivers gets lost and shows up a day later, they still won't finish last!

Maybe it was too soon for that joke... I hear some folks are still waiting to be served at Luigi's...

POSTED: 5/30/12 9:18 AM

As long as some steaming cocoa is served for dessert by the organizers of the Hot Chocolate run.

POSTED: 5/30/12 9:20 AM

Let's get Luigi's and Hot Chocolate on board now. That way they might arrive in time for the 5th annual Karno vs Wardian Challenge!

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 5/30/12 12:13 PM

OMG - Deannn!!!! He's so dreamy.

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 5/30/12 1:15 PM

Andy > Dean !!!!!!!

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 5/30/12 2:07 PM

speaking of running legends, Scott Jurek will be doing a fun run organized by Pacers and The Nature Conservancy on Friday, June 8th. The run ends with a Q&A and signing for Scott's new book, Eat & Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness. The event is free, but they ask for RSVPs.

More details here:
http://runpacers.com/eventcalendar/#/?i=1

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria