Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Benign Positional Vertigo advice
CREATED: 07/27/10 by racing2009 REPLIES: 2
racing2009's ravatar racing2009    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
Benign Positional Vertigo advice
POSTED: 7/27/10 10:05 AM

Does anyone have advice for training methods that aid recovery from benign positional vertigo and/or advice for things to avoid aggravating it? Thanks.

SeanG's ravatar SeanG    JOINED: 4/8/09    POSTS: 159
RE: Benign Positional Vertigo advice
POSTED: 7/27/10 10:32 AM

I get that occassionaly. It's aggravated particularly when I do flip turns, so I've stopped doing that.

If you look on youtube, you can find a number of videos for a simple positional movement on your side/back that should reset the little rocks in your ears that supposedly cause the problem. That has been the best way I know to fix the problem if it happens.

Good luck, first time it happened to me I kind of freaked out. Felt like I had a concussion.

ellenwex's ravatar ellenwex    JOINED: 11/16/09    POSTS: 63
RE: Benign Positional Vertigo advice
POSTED: 7/27/10 6:40 PM

I have been struggling from this since a car accident two years ago... I've found that taking Bonine works well (none of the drowsy side effects like Dramamine). I especially have had some OWS where I needed it.

Also, sleeping with two pillows usually helps, so I try to do this especially before long workout days.

I'm assuming your symptoms are mostly aggrivated/ apparent during swimming... but just to say- it can actually be dangerous to be on a bike if you get a sudden attack. Not sure if thats ever happened to you but it's SCARY.

Hope this helps!
-Ellen

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria