Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

NORTH EAST Roll Call
CREATED: 06/24/09 by ptlori REPLIES: 127
mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
RE: NORTH EAST Roll Call
POSTED: 8/14/09 4:20 PM

oh, but some of us ARE going for the podium tuan!

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 8/14/09 5:11 PM

2 years ago, NE Tri did NOT allow wetsuits. Water temp was too high. Start freaking out ----....--- now!

Btw, if you wear a wetsuit and they're illegal, your points do not go toward the club championship. Also, I'm not sure if CC points include sprint racers. Last time, I think only Oly points counted. Does anyone know?

No jellyfish--just a nice film of oil and gas from the nearby marinas. They have improved the entry/exit.

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 8/14/09 7:24 PM

I love the smell of oil and gas in the morning.

janelkaye's ravatar janelkaye    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 36
POSTED: 8/14/09 9:51 PM

Don't forget the taste!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 8/15/09 9:11 AM

See y'all on the Drop Zone.
"Courage Merry, Courage for our Friends!" - Eowyn

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 101
POSTED: 8/15/09 9:36 AM

I just logged into my e-mail & felt very popular when I saw how many new e-mails I had...then realized that they were all threads for NE Roll Call!

As for oil slicks, I can attest to the fact that one can jump in the water with borrowed goggles that don't fit (after your regular goggles were run over by a taxi on race morning), get a mouthful of oil from the body of water in which you are swimming, promptly throw up said oil/water mixture, and end up backstroking an entire swim because each time you put your face in the water you feel nauseated again & can't see anyway. Whoever recommended bringing a shot of listerine to have at T1 saved the rest of my race that fateful day...

Bring on the oil slicks, I'm not afraid anymore. And I have 3 pairs of goggles in my bag.

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 8/15/09 10:37 AM

Bag? We're supposed to bring a bag? i thought all the gear and bike were provided for :)

cortrig7's ravatar cortrig7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 9/08/09 11:04 AM

Susannah,
I never got your contact info after North East. I was wondering if you might want to sell me your tri jersey that I borrowed? I didn't think to ask you until I gave it back to you. Let me know, thanks! lisa dot cortright at gmail

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria