Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Triathlete Magazine Best Place's To Live - Washington DC
CREATED: 07/10/11 by garyjr123 REPLIES: 1
garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
Triathlete Magazine Best Place's To Live - Washington DC
POSTED: 7/10/11 1:42 PM

I don't know if anyone reads Triathlete Magazine as religiously as I do but Washington D.C. was mentioned as one of the Best metropolitan areas for Triathlete's Best Places to Live 2011.

In addition to this, DC Tri Club was mentioned in "The Scene" portion:

"The 1200 member strong D.C. Tri Club has picked up five consecutive Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships."

Congrats Guys, keep up the good work!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 518
RE: Triathlete Magazine Best Place's To Live - Washington DC
POSTED: 7/19/11 8:25 PM

I agree. A strong tri club and one of the few cities with two major open water triathlons every year. (NYC doesn't count because it's really IM-NJ.) Several other annual triathlons within a short drive. A lot of bike trails and suitable roads. Relatively short winters with not too much snow.

It all adds up to a pretty good situation for triathletes. Too bad we still don't have a triathlete mayor any longer. That was great for the symbolism of the presence of triathlon in the area.

Good luck to everyone at Rocketts Landing this weekend! (I won't be there. Maybe next year.)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria