Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Seagull Cent Final Coordination
CREATED: 10/02/09 by nomisdc REPLIES: 45
nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
Seagull Cent Final Coordination
POSTED: 10/02/09 10:41 AM

Starting final coordination for this. Let's also roll call. Post if you are in. Alternatively email me at talksimon at gmail. (we're also assuming our earlier roll call 'ins' are still valid).

Updating this post as we get more info.
Group 0: Century 0. Blitzkrieg. Mike Lead. Minimal stops. 25-27 mph pace.
Group 1: Century 1. The Breakaway. 20'ish mph. Lisa / Chris lead.
Group 2: Century 2. Crusaders. Mark 'lead'. IM training style ride. Ride straight for 40-60 miles. 18 mph pace.
Group 3: Century 3. Essayons. Lead TBD. 15-18 mph pace on flats . No-drop, stop every stop.
Group 4: Metric 1. Short-Timers. Justin Lead.
Other groups? All groups will take pictures
We should at least start out in one massive DC Tri paceline...(Jihad)
Leads are tentative. If you want to lead mention it. ISO metric riders / leads.

Lodging: Overnight Friday night:
Easton - Mark+1, K, M, M, M.
Cambridge - Ed, K and E.
Salisbury - C, A, Chris+1-2
Driving up morning of - L, P, J
Extra rooms: Salisbury - call Chris. Cambridge - email Andrea.
Driving: Extra spot: Ed has one, Lisa has one.
Friday Dinner:
Between Salisbury and Seaford: Call Chris 301-343-200
Easton area: http://www.portofinoeaston.com/. Dinner is at 8:00 pm, reserved for 12-15 but we have a whole floor so more are welcome.
Start time: 7 AM. Apparently we want to get to the lots early.
Start Location: Here (thanks Ed)
Look for DC Tri bike outfits, or call one of our cells.
Phone numbers: Email me for phone number list.
Parking: (from Seagull staff) New parking garage, located on eastside of Route 13, is open and available for Century parking, as well as various lots off Wayne Street. Please note that vehicles with bike roof racks will NOT be able to park in the garage, and will be redirected to one of the auxiliary lots.
Remember your: Packets and rider numbers.

Registration is still open if you want to join the fun. Here's to making it.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: Seagull Cent Final Coordination
POSTED: 10/02/09 11:34 AM

I have 2 rooms which are fully occupied. Will I need to get another room??

POSTED: 10/02/09 11:57 AM

not right now. we'll adjust on the fly as needed. rooms are coming available as people bail.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/02/09 12:01 PM

simon what ride are you doing the metric or the english century?

POSTED: 10/02/09 12:08 PM

100 miles - all or nothing baby. (...and it could be nothing...)

POSTED: 10/02/09 12:23 PM

I believe we also have metric riders. Will put placeholders for them in the coordination. If metric and you want to add / lead, let us know.

POSTED: 10/02/09 1:00 PM

ok yeah i might do the metric century but no way the english century with no rides longer than 40 miles all year. that would just be crazy

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 10/02/09 1:58 PM

Simon,

My husband Adam & I are in for the Century Group 2. We already have a hotel in Salisbury. Would love to have a DC Tri dinner Friday.

Carrie Campbell

POSTED: 10/02/09 3:18 PM

Justin,

I have seen you on the bike, you are more than strong enough to finish the 100 miles. You are stronger than me on the bike. In my honest opinionI think you can do it with your eyes closed, so come out and join us.

Simon,

If we have a lot of wind, I might stick with Group 2 and just spend a lot of time pulling. Either way as long as I get a good workout in.

POSTED: 10/02/09 3:24 PM

mark,

its called i'll make it fine to 40 miles if we are going at a good clip then you and any new NTP people can see what a "spectacular major bonk" looks like at around mile 65 of a 100 miler and watch me as i go backwards pedaling squares... (which is actually quite funny when this happens to someone else.. lol)

POSTED: 10/02/09 3:45 PM

Dude,

That description had me rolling. I was laughing out loud and my co-workers, who already think I am on Speed all the time, now officially thingk I am insane. Which might not be to far from the truth.

POSTED: 10/02/09 3:50 PM

hey if you can't laugh at yourself bonking really bad, do the next best thing.. laugh at someone you know bonking really bad on a ride. lol

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 267
POSTED: 10/02/09 3:54 PM

In for 100 with Group 2. Happy to draft if it's windy, Mark :)

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 10/02/09 9:41 PM

Does anyone have an open space in a hotel room? I am going to sign up if I can find a place to stay. Shoot me an email at labellejournee at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Jennifer

POSTED: 10/03/09 8:34 PM

Jennifer,

I am working on that for you as I am typing this. Will have an answer for you by tonight or tomorrow when I return from the Army 10 miler.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 10/04/09 9:52 PM

Sorry to miss this event. I have a cross country meet that day. Good luck to everyone who is heading out to Salisbury.

cstone's ravatar cstone    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 10/05/09 12:25 PM

Simon,
I'll be out there also. There was four of us, now looks like 2 maybe 3, which means we may have room in the hotel in Salisbury for Friday night. I'll keep you posted.

Our orginal plan was to go all out to beat last year's ave speed of little over 20, but that's changed. We're going more leisurely now with another group of 6 or 8 (with one or two DC Tri members) doing the century also, probably at around 18mph. I'll suggest 7 for the start time and meet you there.

More importantly, Saturday night we are all heading to OC to make some noise at Seacrets (which may change if the weather acts up). We have people staying at the Sea Bay Hotel on 60th - Seacrets is on 48th, a short drunk bus ride away.

Later,
Chris

POSTED: 10/05/09 2:30 PM

Jenifer,

Email me at

trithis73(at)me(dot)com

Z

macoffman's ravatar macoffman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 10/05/09 8:15 PM

I'll be there. I'll volunteer to lead Group 0, minimal stops and hope to average 25-27 mph as I want to see if I can finish it in under 4 hours. I'm planning to leave after work from the Alexandria area and come back after the ride on Saturday if someone needs a ride. Just email me at michael.a.coffman@cox.net.

Mike

POSTED: 10/05/09 8:49 PM

Greetings. Updated the post with your info guys (think I caught it all). Glad you'll be joining the fray.
Updated with dinner at 8 at Portofino Ristorante Italian, Easton. It's next to the Easton courthouse with an Italian flag out front. They sound Italian too...(or they could be Australian with my talent in languages). We have a whole floor if we want so more are welcome.
Looks like we have 19-20 confirmed so far, which if forum posts and email coord to tri club participants holds means we have 587 DC Tri participants in the ride.
Chris, many many fond memories of Seacrets, the best bar in OC and a short drunk bus ride from Dewey!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria