Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Seagull Cent Final Coordination
CREATED: 10/02/09 by nomisdc REPLIES: 45
lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Seagull Cent Final Coordination
POSTED: 10/06/09 2:05 AM

Simon: count me in for dinner. I'm going w/ 3 other people, so possibly plus 3. I'll tell them about the courthouse w/ the Italian flag.

Mike: you sure know how to ruin a century ride. Bike Rack boys will one up you. Last year, they rode from DC and camped. Have no idea how they got across the Bay Bridge on a bike. But, it has been done before if you hitchhike. They were still fast as hell on Sat.

You got to stop for the ponies and the beach at Assateague Beach and pie at another rest stop at least!! I'm riding w/ Mark's group 18 mph+, but I plan to hit the rest areas.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/06/09 8:52 AM

what are you guys usuing for this a road bike setup or a tribike with aerobars due to the flatness of the course?

cstone's ravatar cstone    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 10/06/09 9:19 AM

Big pace lines and tons of people everywhere. Not the best place for a tri bike. Although I did see lots of them last year, they were riding solo.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 10/06/09 9:39 AM

Folks, remember to leave plenty of time to get to the parking lots on time. There'll be thousands of cars and bikes clogging the roads around the university. And after parking, you'll have to wind your way to the start, which can take another 10-15 minutes.

POSTED: 10/06/09 2:39 PM

Isn't Easton about 40 miles north of Salisbury? Kind of out of the way, but maybe Simon and Co are getting dinner on the way down. We're staying in Seaford, DE, so may be possible to back-track to Easton.

Plenty of triathletes rode their tri bikes last year at Seagull. V useful in the wind. I didn't but most of my group did last year. I'll probably ride my TT bike this Saturday.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 10/06/09 3:24 PM

I am riding my TT bike, gotta get myself used to the LONG haul in my aeros. Just remember if you are riding with someone you don't know, or less experienced riders. I would not be in the aero position.

POSTED: 10/07/09 6:51 AM

Well, I had the appropriate amount of rooms reserved and we have a couple extra people. Right now we have 3 people to a room. We can actually have 4, but means everyone is going to have a rackmate, or if you want to bring a sleeping bag and crash on the floor of the room, that works to. I am working on trying to get another room, but all they have right now are smoking rooms. Does anyone want to roger up for that room? If so I will reserve it. Me, I am an ex-smoker of 14 years, so it makes me feel like vommiting to be in a smoking room. Let me know, so that I can call and get the room.

POSTED: 10/07/09 9:41 AM

Have room for one and a bike in my car. (Or, might bum a ride myself.)

POSTED: 10/07/09 4:25 PM

Hi --

I'm heading out Friday around 4:30 (possibly later if person needs ride) from Capitol Hill. Have room for 1 more. Going to Salisbury and staying in Seaford, DE. Does anyone need a ride a little later?

Returning Sunday from Ocean City.

Have room for 1 person/bike ea way.

kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 10/07/09 7:40 PM

Is anyone other than us staying in Salisbury? Want to go to dinner Friday? Maybe around 6:30?

cstone's ravatar cstone    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 10/07/09 11:53 PM

A few of us are staying in Salisbury and a few others in Seaford, so we might meet for dinner in the middle. It will be a little later than 6:30 though I'm sure. If you want to try to meet up call my cell 301-343-2005.

Btw, We may have an extra room in Salisbury if anyone needs one: $60 for the night.

Chris

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 10/08/09 7:44 AM

I am about to cancel hotel reservation for Fri at Cambridge Holiday Inn Express. If anyone wants this - shoot me an email and we can try to transfer reservation amfava at yahoo.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 10/08/09 8:20 AM

Updated post with a Lisa & Chris's group - making the breakaway official: Group 1: Century 1. The Breakaway. 20'ish mph. Lisa / Chris lead.
Also updated with Chris' dinner, Chris' extra room, A's extra room. Ed n Lisa's extra drive spots. Any other updates keep em coming.

POSTED: 10/08/09 8:42 AM

due to injuries i'm out. have a good ride and stay safe out there.

cortrig7's ravatar cortrig7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 10/08/09 2:13 PM

Who are P and J, riding up the day of?

POSTED: 10/08/09 10:13 PM

Dont' forget to bring a towel--not for the beach at Assoteague, but to dry off from the showers at the college after ride's end.

Or perhaps for the possibility of rain. I'm gonna bring an extra layer of clothing to maybe put on at the start.

POSTED: 10/09/09 10:25 AM

Well I have good news and I have bad news.

Bad News: We might be swimming this course, since the weather is not looking to hot.

Good News: You can sace 50% on your car insurance, unless you suck at driving and have a bunch of tickets.

Well I will see you all out there tomorrow. Should be interesting.

POSTED: 10/09/09 10:32 AM

"its so easy a triathlete can do it!"

POSTED: 10/09/09 1:02 PM

Easy for you. You don't have to tread water in 3 feet of water like I do. I am going to bring my Care Bear Water Wings.

POSTED: 10/09/09 2:17 PM

BTW, this is a good Mexican restaurant for after the ride, with humongo Magaritas, on Rte 13 just north of the university:

Plaza Tapatia
1045 S. Salisbury Blvd.
Salisbury, MD
410-749-4303
http://www.plazatapatia.com/

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria